• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

self indulgent abuse and insult trading

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    It's the sheer spite from some of the posters here I can't stand.

I was reminded of this tonight when I made a thread about a TV show, made back in the 1970s. Then the 'comedians' (you know who - see thread) pile in to willfully feck up and derail the thread.
    I read the thread and, frankly, the suggestion that someone attempted to "derail" it is a bit of an exaggeration. Lighten up.

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

Well, If I don't like it, I suppose I should just feck off and do one.

Probably I will.
    Well that would be tragic. Why not immerse yourself in TPD? That should be fluffy enough for your touchy sensibilities?

HTH
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      I read the thread and, frankly, the suggestion that someone attempted to "derail" it is a bit of an exaggeration. Lighten up.
      I have to agree, Bogeyman blew Timberwolf out for mentioning other 70's programmes that may also have been of interest to posters, but happily joins in with discussion about "I, Claudius".
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

People going on a tangent is hardly spiteful. If the OP hadn't felt the need to have a go at them for it, nobody would have noticed and it might have stayed on-topic.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's all innocent banter, yeah it can get out of hand when "the clique" start ganging up on a poster (as I have experienced), and it can drive good posters (like myself) to reduce their posting from 40 a day to a mere 20.

Comment

In the SuitU CUK awards thread I complimented SuitU for an excellent thread and I got negged by somebody along the lines of "Dont encourage the bedwetter"
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Good advice.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I just read the most recent BdP thread about cyclists, and I thought he stood up for himself very well. I dont think he needs anyone to hold his hand

and as for cliques in that thread ? no way. the guys who were having a pop are just as likely to rip each other to bits (as has been posted above).
                A bit of pack instinct ? well ok, there was a bit of that
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I agree with the sentiment but BnP was a tosser. Bad example.
                  "was". I'm still here, I'll have you know!

To give my two pennorthworth, as a newbie, who can give as good as I get, is that the fact that the forums are cliquey is not really news. It happens everywhere (you guys seen mumsnet, for example?). A regular "rump" of posters get used to each other, and tend to get a "gang" mentality. It's not deliberate, but simply human nature.

I admit my post about deranged, idiotic, rude, inconsiderate lycra dressed sweatbags with their oversized toys, was phrased to be provocative, but, hey, I'd had a bad journey in, I was entitled to a rant.

There are two attitudes you can take. You can take the abuse on the chin (or chins in my case, eh readers!) and realise that generally, people are good, live reasonable lives; but once on-line a certain inhibition and and politeness goes out of the window, and you just have to live with it, and go with the flow.

Or you can flount off in a huff because some rough contractors have posted a smiley that looks like a w**ker on your post.

I prefer option 1, in the realisation that when you recognise my fantastic sense of humour, see that you can never, never insult me too much; and that I will take the Pepsi challenge with anyone with regard to "forum fisticuffs", then I'm certain all is going to be fabulous around hereabouts .....
                  Last edited by BdP; 18 November 2010, 10:56.

Comment

Originally posted by BdP View Post
                    "was". I'm still here, I'll have you know!

To give my two pennorthworth, as a newbie, who can give as good as I get, is that the fact that the forums are cliquey is not really news. It happens everywhere (you guys seen mumsnet, for example?). A regular "rump" of posters get used to each other, and tend to get a "gang" mentality. It's not deliberate, but simply human nature.

I admit my post about deranged, idiotic, rude, inconsiderate lycra dressed sweatbags with their oversized toys, was phrased to be provocative, but, hey, I'd had a bad journey in, I was entitled to a rant.

There are two attitudes you can take. You can take the abuse on the chin (or chins in my case, eh readers!) and realise that generally, people are good, live reasonable lives; but once on-line a certain inhibition and and politeness goes out of the window, and you just have to live with it, and go with the flow.

Or you can flount off in a huff because some rough contractors have posted a smiley that looks like a w**ker on your post.

I prefer option 1, in the realisation that when you recognise my fantastic sense of humour, see that you can never, never insult me too much; and that I will take the Pepsi challenge with anyone with regard to "forum fisticuffs", then I'm certain all is going to be fabulous around hereabouts .....
                    Well said, you passed the test of not pissing your pants when when attacked. There are many here that failed but still post, usually these are the cliquey ones who attack any newbie who shows signs of a pair of balls.

Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                      Well said, you passed the test of not pissing your pants when when attacked. There are many here that failed but still post, usually these are the cliquey ones who attack any newbie who shows signs of a pair of balls.

Welcome.
                      Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X