• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Agents keeping it all quiet.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only thing I want to hear from the agent is Rate, Location and that its .NET.

Comment

tulip

That went well. I got the spec 20 minutes before the interview, grabbed some paper, made some notes and headed to my car in the client carpark with a coffee.

Interviewer had a whole list of noddy questions.

Do you know this? Do you know that? How do you rate on A, on B?

Cheeky git also threw in, do you know X? I just went 'never heard of it'. 'Good, I made that bit up' he said.

Right. As long as I get a second interview offer I'm happy. I can turn it down knowing I would have got it anyway.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        tulip

Cheeky git also threw in, do you know X? I just went 'never heard of it'. 'Good, I made that bit up' he said.
        I don't mind that actually... weeds out a lot of bulltulipers.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

I don't mind that actually... weeds out a lot of bulltulipers.
          In those circs I generally say something like "probably, although I don't remember the name. Maybe it was called something else when I used it".

That way I'm being honest if the skill is fictitious, but at the same time giving the impression I have such vast experience of everything that I can't remember all the host of things I'm an expert on

Sort of like Threaded and his antique car collection.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Oh FFS! I've got offered the gig. (32 offers out of 33 interviews)

How the **** can you tell if anyone is any good for a techie job with a 10 minute questionaire?!?!

As much I hate turning contracts down I don't think I can do a third one without killing myself.

Got 3 missed calls from the agent. Going to turn it off

Comment

Oh FFS! I've got offered the gig. (32 offers out of 33 interviews)

How the **** can you tell if anyone is any good for a techie job with a 10 minute questionaire?!?!

As much I hate turning contracts down I don't think I can do a third one without killing myself.

Got 3 missed calls from the agent. Going to turn it off
              Can't you take it and farm it out to someone else? Or do it yourself and forego the next caravan holiday?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

In other threads people suggested interviews are a formality, and it's rude for a client not to trust your CV...
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  In other threads people suggested interviews are a formality, and it's rude for a client not to trust your CV...
                  Oh do behave.

A CV is just a way if getting an interview. Fancy receiving a Suityou CV and on interview discovering it's Graham Norton, or a Nick Fitz and finding out he corrects you every other question tutting a lot.

Trust the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Well, what I said was a taking to someone for 20-30 mins you can get a fair idea if they match up to their CV. A formaility if you do match up and come across well.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                      Well, what I said was a taking to someone for 20-30 mins you can get a fair idea if they match up to their CV. A formaility if you do match up and come across well.
                      As opposed to turning up looking like this

Comment

Working...
                      X