• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two minutes silence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    What I do with 5 call girls, a bag of charlie and a nazi uniform is my personal choice.
    Yep, especially if your surname's Mosley

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Yep, especially if your surname's Mosley

Or Wales?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        A good point, well made. With regards to the silence, it's great if everyone observes it and imo it does add to the experience. However if you do your "bit" then that's all that matters, it's not for me to tut about others or police the silence.

My thoughts regarding the 2 minutes silence are that I'm making a gesture of respect and remembering the fallen on all sides.
        So you are remembering IRA volunteers and British soldiers who have fallen in the Irish conflict?

Comment

So you are remembering IRA volunteers and British soldiers who have fallen in the Irish conflict?
          What didn't you understand about "all"?

Comment

We had a similar conversation last year btw.

Comment

OK, just wanted to clarify that you respecting and remembering the fallen of the IRA.

Comment

And the Nazi's who were shot just as they set alight the mass graves of thousands of Concentration Camp victims? I think you need to get off the fence and grow some stones.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                  And the Nazi's who were shot just as they set alight the mass graves of thousands of Concentration Camp victims? I think you need to get off the fence and grow some stones.
                  And be just like you, eh?

Comment

I was on CET - sorry missed it. A few years ago the building management decided to organise a fire alarm at 11pm on 11th November. But for the Swiss, 11.11 is just the beginning of the preparations for Fasnacht.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                      You can treat it as a 2-minute competition to consistently solve all the world's complex divisions if you want to, but you don't have to look at it like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X