• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two minutes silence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there was talk all the way through the 2 mins here, only a few observed it.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Name and shame.

Comment

Thats quite sad.

Everyone observed it here. At least on this floor anyway.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Twice in my life I've been caught up in something and accidentally ended up yammering right through the 2 minutes silence. Felt like a right prune for the rest of the day.

Not today though.

Interesting link twittered by Imperial War Museum

Comment

Not much silence here, even though the fire alarm sounded for it.

One loon kept chatting to people at his desk, senior boss comes over to introduce 5 people, and guys from India without access to the company intranet had no idea, so kept on chatting, especially loads on noisy phone calls.

One chap came over to my desk, but culturally he had no idea why I was blanking him - had to explain after.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
              Name and shame.
              Observing the 2 minutes silence to remember Armistice Day is a personal choice and people should not feel bullied into submission.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                Name and shame.
                Why? It's an arbitrary event.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If I am on site I usually just leave the building and go for a walk, would rather do that.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    Observing the 2 minutes silence to remember Armistice Day is a personal choice and people should not feel bullied into submission.
                    True - still though, it's a respect thing. People also shouldn't be made to feel in the wrong for observing it.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I'm all for free speech and people's right to not observe something like this, but it really annoys when people make snidey comments about it - "it's only 0.0000038% whatever of the year" etc.

Not observed here (other than by me), even though they have a radio playing in the office, the station mentioned the silence and went silent for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X