• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you wear a suit to work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    WTF is Suit without a tie??

A suit without the tie is just a bit too "Irish Navvy"/Rab C Nesbitt
    much like Tony Bliar

Nice he made an effort for the troops:
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 2 November 2010, 18:59.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Wodders, get a better suit mate. The daffy duck acrylic tie and worn in the seat trouser look isn't doing you justice fella.
      I'll have you know my crimpolene suit and bri-nylon shirt is the height of sartorial elegance!

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      much like Tony Bliar
      Quite!
      Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
      Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

I'll have you know my crimpolene suit and bri-nylon shirt is the height of sartorial elegance!
        A safari suit was never a good look Wod.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          A safari suit was never a good look Wod.
          Jim is a Jedi! - Dara

Comment

I'd prefer to.
            It's not always practical and some firms I've worked for have had dress down Fridays. If I'm commuting weekly on the train or plane, dress down days are a nuisance ... it's just an extra outfit to shlep.
            Last edited by Aman; 2 November 2010, 22:03.

Comment

button up shirt (possibly even a real shirt)
              WTF is a real shirt?

for that matter WTF is a non-real shirt? is that like a long sleeve t-shirt with little buttons drawn on?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                WTF is a real shirt?

for that matter WTF is a non-real shirt? is that like a long sleeve t-shirt with little buttons drawn on?
                A lumberjack shirt, a short sleeved shirt, a poncy shirt with flap button down breast pockets these are all not real shirts.

A real shirt is a decent shirt with cuffs and a collar that can be worn with a tie and a suit.

any shirts that have sticky up collars to be worn with a bow-tie should only be worn at a proper black or white tie function and not at chav weddings

HTH
                Jim is a Jedi! - Dara

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                  Real contractors wear what they want, you work for your own company, would you tell a plumber what to wear?
                  They often are told what to wear; 50% navy polyester / 50% tattie sack 'corporate-identity-wear'. Sorry, but what's the point in having a corporate identitiy like that when nearly every other trade firm that has corporate identity wear has the same navy polo shirt & combat trousers combo?

Sod that, I'd wear something more tailored..

Comment

Working...
                  X