• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monday Links (Now Correctly Numbered) Vol. XLIV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Adding and subtracting were difficult enough; long division was PhD level.
    Bingo! And they didn't have a zero. Meanwhile, the Egyptians used "Egyptian fractions" for their fractions, although these did at least have the saving grace of serving some practical function. Although it didn't stop them needing tables of fractions, as there are an infinite number of ways of expressing them.

Comment

Darn you, when I should of been doing boring data mapping I was absorbed by Clients from Hell!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Darn you, when I should of been doing boring data mapping I was absorbed by Clients from Hell!
        Yup, sites like that are a fatal distraction when there's something dull you really should be doing

Comment

Working...
        X