• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free Solar Panels - Think of your footprint!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    I used to have a "Powerball" but I think the Lebrechaun stole it.
    (or more likely CM chucked it in the bin when I wasn't looking...)
    Son used to have one of those as well. It was amusing for the first 10 minutes or so, then the insane whining noise it produced started to grate. It too has now gone "missing".
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Well I often work from home
      Posting tulip on CUK isn't work.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Son used to have one of those as well. It was amusing for the first 10 minutes or so, then the insane whining noise it produced started to grate. It too has now gone "missing".
        Mine had the little LEDs that displayed the speed. Good for building up the old forearm muscles

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

HTH
          The voice of an expert!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

HTH
            Well it pays well!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              ISIS solar - Free solar panels and free electricity

Anyone considered taking this sort of offer up?
              Am mulling it over at the moment as one of the roofs of my property is south facing and of a suitable size.

Think of the children/planet/savings!!

Interesting view in the comments:

The FiT scheme, as it stands, has little to do with alternative energy and a lot to do with providing a nice little earner for the cabal of solar/wind installers that helped push the legislation through.
              Your very own George Monbiot has pointed this out and I refer any interested parties to this link:
              Monbiot.com » A Great Green Rip-Off

Comment

I wouldn't buy them yourself, because I think at some point in the next few years, the subsidies will disappear, and then you've lost your money.

Probably worth thinking about to have them installed free. The only disadvantage is they might end up being a "white elephant", but presumably it doesn't do any harm even if you can't feed the electrickery back into the grid.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  I wouldn't buy them yourself, because I think at some point in the next few years, the subsidies will disappear, and then you've lost your money.
                  That was my thoughts. When the subsidies disappear let them chase HMRC for their dosh. Plus I may wish to downsize sometime soon so even a short-term gain is worth considering. Might have to sweet-talk the Listings people mind you.

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Probably worth thinking about to have them installed free. The only disadvantage is they might end up being a "white elephant", but presumably it doesn't do any harm even if you can't feed the electrickery back into the grid.
                  What can possibly go wrong?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

...it can’t be long before thousands of petty criminals discover the perfect carousel fraud, bypassing their solar panels by connecting the incoming wire to the outgoing wire. By buying electricity for 7p and selling it for 44p (if you sell power to the grid rather than using it yourself, you get an extra 3p(17)), they’ll make a 600% profit.
                    Monbiot.com » A Great Green Rip-Off

Comment

To be honest, you'd be better off buying a portable generator for when the power cuts return due to grid spiking.
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X