• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I suggest a simple solution for IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Today marks the start of the 2010 "Poppy Appeal".
    I put up it in quotes idiot - "conveniently" - that meant that obviously it was not convenient, but the matter of fact is that high casualties of war cause demographic changes that, at the time, benefited Govt in terms of tax it needed to provide for retirement, also people did not live as long back then for other reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I put up it in quotes idiot - "conveniently" - that meant that obviously it was not convenient, but the matter of fact is that high casualties of war cause demographic changes that, at the time, benefited Govt in terms of tax it needed to provide for retirement, also people did not live as long back then for other reasons.
      Do you think the money spent to fight the world wars was less than the amount that would have subsequently been spent in pension payments?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        Do you think the money spent to fight the world wars was less than the amount that would have subsequently been spent in pension payments?
        I think that the human cost of world war is by far bigger than any money that were spend on them - it's not about money when you get total war with people mobilised to work on the cheap or free, I doubt even in England paying rates for, say, pilots were massive - it's not about money in such cases.

Comment

I think that the human cost of world war is by far bigger than any money that were spend on them - it's not about money when you get total war with people mobilised to work on the cheap or free, I doubt even in England paying rates for, say, pilots were massive - it's not about money in such cases.
          Yeah because building tanks,ships,planes, artillery etc is free.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
            Yeah because building tanks,ships,planes, artillery etc is free.
            Its free (cash wise) if you don't have to buy raw materials for cash (USSR - had its own or were donated by allies), and human paid low wages if anything.

Either way human cost of world wars in my view is much higher than that of money.

Comment

Its free (cash wise) if you don't have to buy raw materials for cash (USSR - had its own or were donated by allies), and human paid low wages if anything.

Either way human cost of world wars in my view is much higher than that of money.
              True, in this world of yours, were everything is free and everyone works for nothing. Pity its in another universe.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                True, in this world of yours, were everything is free and everyone works for nothing. Pity its in another universe.
                During world war when total mobilization is in effect and fight is for your lifes, then if you don't work as instructed you are deemed to be with the enemy and you suffer full consequences of that.

Money can be printed anyway and by the time of WW2 gold standard was already going downhill.

The real cost of such war is human loss and loss of opportunities to build useful things (bridges etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
                  Indeed -- I always wonder how they will replace that amount of revenue when the oil runs out or when we all have battery cars or go back to horses.
                  Hay tax.

On the telly this morning people were moaning about rail fares set to rise by 6%, but it occurred to me that even if nothing else changes, the cost of petrol/diesel is going up by 14% with the VAT rise, and actually trainists are getting off lightly by being VAT exempt.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                  X