• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Girlfriend says its either her or the cat! (while crying in the middle of a walk)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    So it's better to rent than buy? You can also get the latest model and not be left with ancient technology cluttering up the house.
    Yeah, but these rental jobs are never as good as the web site picture. They're often old bangers that every bloke has been all round town in, god only knows what's been shoved in the back, puffing smoke everywhere, a foreign job meaning nothing is where you'd expect to find it, a lower class of model than you'd buy, dodgy smells and stains that you don't want to trace, you find you have to wait for it while another bloke is still using it, and sometimes the one you were promised is already out and so you get the old bus which is a bit bigger than you wanted and although it is a nice soft bouncy ride you find your gear keeps falling out.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Is she the female equivalent of one of these ?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Yeah, but these rental jobs are never as good as the web site picture. They're often old bangers that every bloke has been all round town in, god only knows what's been shoved in the back, puffing smoke everywhere, a foreign job meaning nothing is where you'd expect to find it, a lower class of model than you'd buy, dodgy smells and stains that you don't want to trace, you find you have to wait for it while another bloke is still using it, and sometimes the one you were promised is already out and so you get the old bus which is a bit bigger than you wanted and although it is a nice soft bouncy ride you find your gear keeps falling out.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Is she the female equivalent of one of these ?
          "Fireman
          It's natural to be attracted to these manly, heroic figures with their long hoses and vigorous pumping technique. However, they have a job to do. If you interrupt a fireman while he's working, someone's house could burn down and a cat may perish.

Milkman
          It's said that these cart-driving dairy providers are prolific lovers, and maybe that's true, but it can't be a good idea to get involved with one. If it goes wrong, he will continue to turn up at your house every day. A frosty doorstep stand-off with your new lover would be inevitable. You would be forced to move."

Hmm Wilmslow's GF sounds like a combination of these two.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            FFS, bury her under the patio with the others.
            But how do you stop the inevitable subsidence after a couple of years?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              But how do you stop the inevitable subsidence after a couple of years?
              I guess you have to keep stuffing them in there

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I'm pretty rubbish at dating W, especially after the last effort, but here goes...

I think you might get too serious too quickly, maybe have a friendship with her before you bump uglies. Talk about stuff, as much stuff as possible, ask her lots about herself, see if she wants to know about you, how she speaks about other relationships and their endings is a big clue and interest, real interest in you is a clue as well. (Does she want to know about your life, your dreams your childhood etc?)

As modern as I am a think any woman who 'chases' a man is probably a bit desperate, the man needs to do the chasing bit, she also seems too quick and willing to compromise and compromise is two people agreeing to do what they both know is wrong.

I think lots of people don't make life easy for themselves, but there are clues here W!

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
                  I think you might get too serious too quickly, maybe have a friendship with her before you bump uglies. Talk about stuff, as much stuff as possible, ask her lots about herself, see if she wants to know about you, how she speaks about other relationships and their endings is a big clue and interest, real interest in you is a clue as well. (Does she want to know about your life, your dreams your childhood etc?)
                  Boudica. thats like working for three weeks free, before starting to invoice

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Boudica. thats like working for three weeks free, before starting to invoice

Invoice is in the post
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post

ow, ow ow

that hurts.

couple walking in the woods near Wilmslow Cheshire

bird - 'I cant believe the colours, the russets, gold and even some greens. The mist lies heavy on the river and the golden shafts of sunlight stream through the soughing branches. I wonder if he will pop the question on such a perfect day?'

bloke - 'I wonder if she can touch her toes?'

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X