• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I sense some bans coming after admin is back ...
    ..yours is long overdue
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

<Zip passes around Twiglets>

Ooh. I like the telly. Beer anyone?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I only knew ISEB had IVV&T certifications.

I would have thought the first two but I've never had the opportunity to actually use much in the way of modelling techniques since I was in engineering.
        The nodelling modules look more specific and targeted than the other modules. Whether you can find work with them is another thing.
        The agency (TN) which used to call me the most only really deal with modelling and OR now.

The title of the last one containing 'essentials' doesn't sell the qualification too well.
        Then again the third one, though the title on first glance is a bit wooly, would be useful in strategically selling ideas and getting sign-off of projects from stakeholders and constituents.

Now I have had a look at the ISEB site; in the Practitioner series of exams the Requirements Engineering would seem to me to tbe the most marketable.
        It's something the civil service are tulip at and really need to get a grip of if the government don't going to waste billions on ineffective procurement processes.

What are the core modules?

Why don't you ask some agents who know the various markets for those skillsets, they are normally delighted to be asked for their expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          <Zip passes around Twiglets>

Ooh. I like the telly. Beer anyone?
          Zippy - where's all the frackin' beer gone?

What is that smell?

<sniffs clothes>Ah is me, sorry youngest has a cold and coughed so much she puked, hence me not being down any sooner. Wish I had not made her eat so much of her tea now....

Who is this bloke? He does not seem that funny. Have I wandered into the wrong house?

Originally posted by Aman View Post
          I only knew ISEB had IVV&T certifications.

I would have thought the first two but I've never had the opportunity to actually use much in the way of modelling techniques since I was in engineering.
          The nodelling modules look more specific and targeted than the other modules. Whether you can find work with them is another thing.
          The agency (TN) which used to call me the most only really deal with modelling and OR now.

The title of the last one containing 'essentials' doesn't sell the qualification too well.
          Then again the third one, though the title on first glance is a bit wooly, would be useful in strategically selling ideas and getting sign-off of projects from stakeholders and constituents.

Now I have had a look at the ISEB site; in the Practitioner series of exams the Requirements Engineering would seem to me to tbe the most marketable.
          It's something the civil service are tulip at and really need to get a grip of if the government don't going to waste billions on ineffective procurement processes.

What are the core modules?

Why don't you ask some agents who know the various markets for those skillsets, they are normally delighted to be asked for their expertise.

Comment

Somebody turned up with a guitar and killed the party
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              Somebody turned up with a guitar and killed the party
              Oh! I wondered why MP stormed out.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Oh! I wondered why MP stormed out.
                All that talk of G strings...
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  Zippy - where's all the frackin' beer gone?

What is that smell?

<sniffs clothes>Ah is me, sorry youngest has a cold and coughed so much she puked, hence me not being down any sooner. Wish I had not made her eat so much of her tea now....

Who is this bloke? He does not seem that funny.

Have I wandered into the wrong house?
                  No, him and the OP are in the kitchen, cowering behind the door.

Any more beer?
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Any more beer?
                    No - it's past 10pm. Time to crack the Veuve Cliquot. Where is RealityHack?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                      No - it's past 10pm. Time to crack the Veuve Cliquot. Where is RealityHack?
                      Still trying to work out how to get the plastic wrapping off a six pack of Red Bull.

EO will be here soon, we can share his Brasso.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X