• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the worst job you've had.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worked as a waitress in my teens, i was hopeless, people get so annoyed when you get their order wrong or just bring one steak for two of them, then i realised it could be fun to do it deliberately, especially if they were arsey

Comment

Telesales, selling toner cartridges and cold calling. Lasted 3 weeks, really hated it.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

This one, 5 months working for IBM only to be TUPE'd to Fujitsu as of Monday.

Got the redundancy notice from Fujitsu yesterday 3 days before I've even started.

Big global corps, bunch of 's
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
          worked as a waitress in my teens, i was hopeless, people get so annoyed when you get their order wrong or just bring one steak for two of them, then i realised it could be fun to do it deliberately, especially if they were arsey
          If a waitress brings the wrong dish I'm really not bothered as long as it tastes good. The only thing I don't really like is salmon, and other than that I don't mind.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Big global corps, bunch of 's

whs^1,000,000,000

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I spent most of a weekend dressed up as Muzzy the BBC language teaching vaguely bear like thing:

Children can be right buggers when they want to, but parents who let their little darlings attack, slobber over, scream at and generally abuse innocent teenagers who have been roped in to help their Dad should be shot.

Comment

Non Contract -In a manufacturing plant making automatic garage door openers -I was a gobby 16 year old - the manager was a smart arse 30 ish year old - I didn't last long

Contract - the Home Office - vowed never to do Public Sector again
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I carried weft to t'looms.

Noisy.

Very noisy.

So noisy that for the first few days I was getting singing in my ears during my post work bath. Oh, it was hot and sweaty too.

They didn't have ear protectors in those days.

I managed to escape to the warehouse after a while. Never ending cups of tea coupled with some heavy lifting. I didn't need a gym to keep up with my training, some of those wool skips were over 100 Kg. Knackering yes, but when I got back to college there a definite improvement in the weights I could handle.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Cooking and delivering burgers and frogs legs in a crappy take away on the Fulham Palace Road.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X