• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the worst job you've had.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barman at a Conservative Club
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Worked in a Sawmill as a student - definitely the most knackering work.

Then I used to clean the outside of aircraft - Out in the middle of the night with a brush and a bucket of Dasic.

Actually quite enjoyed both jobs TBH.

Comment

Summer job in a coffee-shop in my home town. Right on the bus route for American Tourists... it was rammed every bloody day of the summer holidays. I HATED it!!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Rockcliff Computers - worked for a right ****** and also Sema at the home office in Liverpool. They were a bunch of w@nkers also. They were about 15 years ago and since then I'd say most of my contracts were ok
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Without a shadow of a doubt the three weeks I spent at Huntress as an IT recruitment consultant were about the most miserable of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Summer job in a coffee-shop in my home town. Right on the bus route for American Tourists... it was rammed every bloody day of the summer holidays. I HATED it!!
              Yanks. Ugh.

I did a bit of waitressing in my parents restaurant a few times, but I was pretty bad. Too clumsy and impatient.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I spent a while heat sealing plastic linings in sewage installations; smelly, dirty, hot and generally unpleasant, but quite well paid at the time; almost 3 times minimum wage, which isn´t bad at 22. First job in IT was helpdesk for bookkeeping software; so boring and regimented (5 minutes per day allowed for visits to bog, only with permission) I almost went back to the sewage job, but then got a rather cushy analysts' job at the water board. Still took me about 4 years before I earned as much as I had in the sewer.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Yanks. Ugh.

I did a bit of waitressing in my parents restaurant a few times, but I was pretty bad. Too clumsy and impatient.
                  Tell me about it - Bloody yanks couldn't understand me & were awful tippers... considering how shirty they get over there if you don't tip properly, they are quite happy to not bother everywhere else!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Yanks. Ugh.
                    Especially in hotels and restaurants, closely followed by the Dutch and, nowadays, the Russians. All three are strong enough reasons not to work in the hotel and restaurant business.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Tell me about it - Bloody yanks couldn't understand me & were awful tippers... considering how shirty they get over there if you don't tip properly, they are quite happy to not bother everywhere else!
                      They've tipped quite a lot of explosives on some countries.

Comment

Working...
                      X