• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What actually happens to people who'll lose benefits?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of my way -
    Its a busy
    Got Things on my mind ....

For the want of the Price
    Of a tea and a slice
    The Old Man Died

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
      Out of my way -
      Its a busy
      Got Things on my mind ....

For the want of the Price
      Of a tea and a slice
      The Old Man Died
      Survival of the fittest.

I AM SPARTACUS!

Comment

As I say, there are two types of dole-ites, the one who need help and fully intend to work their way out of the situation they find themselves in, and another bunch who see the welfare state as a meal ticket for life, and something to be milked.
        It's the second group that gets people riled up
        Very true. When I was growing up in the nineties I saw members of my family just completely be unable to find work for years despite trying everything.

I also know members of my family who were genuinely ill and on incapacity benefit but are now not ill any more but if you are in your late fifties and haven't worked for twenty years then it's not an easy situation to get back in to the job market.

Comment

Working...
        X