• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Islam, the new Nazism ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    which makes the USA's agenda to impose capitalist democracy on the rest of the world al the more sensible. It is no coincidence that the wealthier a nation the less influence religion exerts.
    ROFLMAO
    Not paid any attention to the current political climate in the USA have you?

Bush would not even have come close to being reelected without the backing of the various religious groups and now he has another 4 years to continue placeing his underqualified nutjobs in postions of power, like the 24 year old old non graduate, politically appointed NASA PR exec demanding that the Scientists put "theory" after Big Bang to drag it down to the same level as "Inteligent design" for the kids.

The growing power of the religious right/moderates in the USA scares me 100 times more than any muslim fanatic with 10kg of semtex strapped to his chest because the former have already managed to get their idiot to a position where he has a finger on the nukes.

Comment

Originally posted by eternalnomad
      As we all know, they are a muslim country with a known nuclear capability - they do however appear to be more "westernised" than their middle-eastern cousins.
      From what i am able to determin, their elite/upper society is westernised but the vast majority of the population are not

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
        ROFLMAO
        Not paid any attention to the current political climate in the USA have you?

Bush would not even have come close to being reelected without the backing of the various religious groups and now he has another 4 years to continue placeing his underqualified nutjobs in postions of power, like the 24 year old old non graduate, politically appointed NASA PR exec demanding that the Scientists put "theory" after Big Bang to drag it down to the same level as "Inteligent design" for the kids.

The growing power of the religious right/moderates in the USA scares me 100 times more than any muslim fanatic with 10kg of semtex strapped to his chest because the former have already managed to get their idiot to a position where he has a finger on the nukes.

The point that I am making is that democracy waters down the powers of extremists. If the US become too aggressive then it will find itself being "corrected" through International Trade and economics. This will have an effect on business in the US which will feed its way to the ballot baox. The danger with the US is that there is no other economy challenging it.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

That's the first sensible point in favour of globalisation I have read.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
            That's the first sensible point in favour of globalisation I have read.
            From an agent too. The world is becoming scarier as the years go by.

Comment

Working...
            X