• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Islam, the new Nazism ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to hear some real nutcases (on both sides), listen to tonight's edition of The Moral Maze...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio...dio4/moralmaze

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
      Only joshing
      I used to work with Alf once upon a time
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Once upon a time

Originally posted by darmstadt
        I used to work with Alf once upon a time
        you dressed so fine
        You threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn't you?
        People'd call, say, "Beware doll, you're bound to fall"
        You thought they were all kiddin' you
        You used to laugh about
        Everybody that was hangin' out
        Now you don't talk so loud
        Now you don't seem so proud
        About having to be scrounging for your next meal.

How does it feel
        How does it feel
        To be without a home
        Like a complete unknown
        Like a rolling stone?

etc..
        Why not?

Comment

"God being master, man is the slave."

"The abolition of the Church and the State must be the first and
          indispensable condition of the true liberation of society; only after this
          can society be organised in another manner, but not from the top downwards
          and according to some ideal plan, dreamed up by a few sages and scholars,
          and certainly not by decrees issued by some dictatorial power or even by
          a national assembly elected by universal suffrage. As I have already
          shown, such a system would lead inevitably to the creation of a new state,
          and consequently to the formation of a governemental aristocracy, that is
          to say a whole class of individuals having nothing in common with the mass
          of the people, which would immediately begin to exploit and subdue that
          people in the name of the commonwealth or in order to save the State."
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Sounds a bit Marxist that does.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
              "The abolition of the Church and the State must be the first and
              indispensable condition of the true liberation of society; only after this
              can society be organised in another manner, but not from the top downwards
              and according to some ideal plan, dreamed up by a few sages and scholars,
              and certainly not by decrees issued by some dictatorial power or even by
              a national assembly elected by universal suffrage. As I have already
              shown, such a system would lead inevitably to the creation of a new state,
              and consequently to the formation of a governemental aristocracy, that is
              to say a whole class of individuals having nothing in common with the mass
              of the people, which would immediately begin to exploit and subdue that
              people in the name of the commonwealth or in order to save the State."
              Society will always be organised from the top downwards because not all men are equal and no amount of political rhetoric will make it so. The only way a mass society will ever work is when people take responsibility for and pride in their own actions and applaud the achievements of others without jealousy or rancour. Many of the problems these days are caused by the universal cry of 'it's not fair'. No, life is not fair but it's the only one you get so make the best of it that you can.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                No, life is not fair but it's the only one you get so make the best of it that you can.
                Not a sequitur. Some would say, life is not fair so let's do our best to make it fairer.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                  Not a sequitur. Some would say, life is not fair so let's do our best to make it fairer.
                  How?

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
                    With recent (the cartoon incidents) and not so recent (London Bombings, 9/11), it seems that Islam is on a collision course with the Western governments and many parallels with the Nazi Party are beginning to emerge.......….

Hi BGG,

I must admit that was a first rate post with some interesting predictions - it certainly gave me much to think about.

I would be interested to know where you think Pakistan would figure in all this.

As we all know, they are a muslim country with a known nuclear capability - they do however appear to be more "westernised" than their middle-eastern cousins.

Comment

Originally posted by eternalnomad
                      Hi BGG,

I must admit that was a first rate post with some interesting predictions - it certainly gave me much to think about.

I would be interested to know where you think Pakistan would figure in all this.

As we all know, they are a muslim country with a known nuclear capability - they do however appear to be more "westernised" than their middle-eastern cousins.
                      I think Pakistan have their own problems Worshippers Die in Pakistan Blast.

At least 10 people have been killed and many injured in north-western Pakistan in a suspected suicide bomb attack on a religious procession.
                      The explosion tore through a crowd of Shia Muslims marking the festival of Ashura in the town of Hangu in North-West Frontier Province.

One report said the devotees were also sprayed with gunfire.

Troops were sent to restore order and a curfew was imposed after angry pilgrims reacted by burning shops and cars.

Pakistan's Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao said: "Right now we are hearing that eight to 10 people were killed, but these reports are still to be confirmed."

The explosion erupted in a bazaar as hundreds of people processed from the main Shia mosque.

"We thought the bomb was detonated by remote control, but now it appears to be a suicide attack," local police chief Ayub Khan told the Associated Press news agency.

The BBC's Barbara Plett said the number of dead could rise further because so many people were injured.

Maulana Khurshid Anwar, a leader of the Shia procession, told AP the explosion happened just as he was about to address the crowd.

Ashura marks the death of the Prophet Muhammad's grandson Imam Hussein, an event that led to the split between Shia and Sunni Muslims.

The festival has frequently been marred by attacks on Pakistan's minority Shias by suspected Sunni militants.

Comment

Working...
                      X