• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Solidarity with what Lord Carey describes as a deliberate racist attack?

Are you in SS uniform today Darmstadt ?

A democracy cannot survive long without freedom of expression, the freedom to argue, to dissent, even to insult and offend.
    As far as I am aware Muslims are not a race therefore it cannot be a racist attack. Its an attack on a religious belief which does not allow attacks on itself but allows itself to attack others. Pretty one-sided don't you think?

Isn't Lord Carey a member of an organised religion as well? One that some hundreds of years ago helped to murder hundreds of thousands of people who did not believe in their god?

(Sitting in skiddies today, BTW.)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Its an attack on a religious belief

Now the truth is emerging, not just a bit of a joke but an attack ... and who benefits from this attack ?

Freedom ?

I dont think so.

Comment

Interestingly enough I have just got an e-mail through to say that I'm off to Denmark shortly to build a system there. First stop though is Helsinki to do one there.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Oh Dear

I think its a sad day for this site.
          I think whats more sad is that you object to the image on this site rather than finding objection with the authors obvious Nazi tendencies and the sheer hypocracy of muslims objecting to cartoons when they regularly produce images the Nazi's would be proud of.

And try your best not to confuse defence of Western values with an attack on islam, it doesn't have to be an attack but will be if needs be.

I don't want to live under an imposed ideology religious or other wise and millions died in two world wars to ensure I don't have to, their legacy mustn't be squander by the weak.

Comment

I think whats more sad is that you object to the image on this site rather than finding objection with the authors obvious Nazi tendencies

No I have also stated elsewhere my objections to the authors obvious Nazi tendencies.

I have been quite categoric in my rejection of the author, especially as he would not publish images of Christ for fear of upset.

Thats a hypocrite in my book.

it doesn't have to be an attack but will be if needs be.

Aha, so now we are getting the crux of the matter !

Not before the opening of the Iranian Oil Bourse ?

What troll are you BTW ?

Comment

No I have also stated elsewhere my objections to the authors obvious Nazi tendencies.

I have been quite categoric in my rejection of the author, especially as he would not publish images of Christ for fear of upset.
              Many years ago I used to hang around/play with/stick up for during their blasphemy charges so although its not an image of christ, its pretty much representative of how I feel:

However I do feel for the inevitable backlash on Muslims, particularly in countries such as Denmark, Germany and Austria which have a well established right-wing community. This is something which I don't wish to see.

Comment

Doubtless some of the publications in France etc had an element of "up yours" and were meant to be offensive. Unecessary, I see no point in insult just for the sake of it.

But the context of the Danish cartoons was that they were published in the wake of continual challenges to free speech which should have offended nobody who had an ounce of reason, including artists who were simply illustrating a life of Mohammed. So is that ok? Are we not entitled to have strongly held principles and views about what happens in our cultures too? Where do you stop giving in? Is it ok for people who simply criticise Islam on sites like this to be threatened. (If you think THAT doesn't happen, check the web!)

Where does the continual cowardice in the face of this irrational and repressive religion ever stop?
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This is an absolute no-brainer Alf

My children are not second class citizens just because they're girls.
                  Any religion which claims so is full of tulip, and evil tulip at that.
                  Why not?

Comment

There you go. Maybe this site is being watched even now by the representatives of this splendid religion.

http://www.nysun.com/article/8455
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I Think they are rather funny

All of the cartoons are here
                      Last edited by Clog II The Avenger; 8 February 2006, 09:53.
                      HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Working...
                      X