• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Make sure (S)he doesnt find out.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure (S)he doesnt find out.....

or this is what might happen

Ok, so you've not been "Bobbetted" but it's still gotta hurt.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

I think being given an M3 is a fair reason for divorce, resignation, slap etc..
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

As the blurb rather splendidly declares, this car has "some cosmetic damage due to having a cheating husband. Best offer secures. Idiot put car in my name".

The current going rate for a 2005 M3 is, according to Car Buyers' Guide, around €45k, so this is a bit of a bargain - even if the vehicle's going to need a bit of TLC in the valeting department.
      Seems to me that the wife was a bit of an idiot - if the car was in her name; why not simply sell the thing for full value rather than chuck a load of paint over it and loose €35k

Next thing she'll trash the house (which presumably is in both their names) then sell her half to him for well under half its value.

Women - they just have/make* no financial/logical* sense ! (* delete as applicable)

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
        Seems to me that the wife was a bit of an idiot - if the car was in her name; why not simply sell the thing for full value rather than chuck a load of paint over it and loose €35k

Next thing she'll trash the house (which presumably is in both their names) then sell her half to him for well under half its value.

Women - they just have/make* no financial/logical* sense ! (* delete as applicable)

I'm guessing that money isn't the object here. Sounds like he put it in her name as a dodge of some sort and it's his prefered mode of transport / means of pulling birds.

She's ruined his car for a start and is now flogging it for a song thus wiping out all the cash he spent on buying it in the first place.

And she gets 10 grand to pay the legal fees when she takes him to the cleaners in the divorce courts.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
          How do you loose €35k? You untie it and tell it to bugger off?

Comment

Working...
          X