• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Palm Island

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't see either programme, but did watch Air Crash Investigation about a DHL Cargo Jet that was targeted by extremists in Iraq and struck by a surface to air missile after take off in Iraq in 2003.

All hydraulics failed completely after the wing was hit and yet the pilots etc managed to fly the burning jet all the way back and land with no loss of life, using just the throttles to keep the thing going. Truly amazing skills in my opinion...also, apparantly unrivalled in aviation history.

As for Palm Island, well I don't like the sea anyway (too many sharks)...heh heh, a bit like the IT industry...

Perhaps I should move to Cork. It may be the only place that'll float if the world sinks.

Comment

Working...
    X