• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Palm Island

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palm Island

Did anyone see "Megastructures" last night - channel 4 or 5 - about 8pm ??

It was about the palm tree island they have created in Dubai -

Very interesting and scary - the whole thing has been built on sand that was pumped up from the seabed

No, but I did watch the half ton man at 9pm on Channel 4. Jeez - how does anyone let themselves get that big

JD in "perhaps I wont have that 2nd KitKat" mode

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
      No, but I did watch the half ton man at 9pm on Channel 4. Jeez - how does anyone let themselves get that big

And look at what his wife feeds him! I reckon she is worried in case he loses enough weight to be able to consumate the marriage
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Poor fella - its was (according to him) all down to genetics.

Where there may a small element of truth that some people are predisposed to gain more weight than others (an evolutionary protective mechanism against famine) it was pointed out that to maintain his weight he was consuming

15 THOUSAND CALORIES PER DAY

Having said all that - I did actually feel a bit sorry for him until he threatened to assault anyone who told him "no" about anything.

Comment

15,000 calories a day is not that bad.

Lance Armstrong consumes more than that.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            15,000 calories a day is not that bad.

Lance Armstrong consumes more than that.

"Armstrong will consume an average of 6,500 to 7,000 calories each day, approximately 1,500 of which are sourced by PowerBar nutritional products"

http://www.powerbar.com/Company/Medi...5-1AFB4A0AC37B

While Mr Armstrong hurtles along at great speed for huge distances on his push-bike, the bloke from the TV programme consumes twice the calories and sits on his fat arse all day watching TV

Comment

Originally posted by G8_Summit
              Did anyone see "Megastructures" last night - channel 4 or 5 - about 8pm ??

It was about the palm tree island they have created in Dubai -

Very interesting and scary - the whole thing has been built on sand that was pumped up from the seabed
              And what happens to houses built on sand?

Dubai: here today - gone tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy

Perhaps he owns a chip shop in Doncaster?

BTW, Threaded, where is your chippy? I want to patronise it next time I'm in Doncaster.

Comment

Interesting thread. So whereabouts on Palm Island does the half ton man live?

Comment

More to the point, does Threaded own a chippy there?

Comment

Working...
                    X