• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are the all the Daily-Mail-middle-class-closet-communists so outraged by....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I should have read the article before posting!!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsQuickerAntiClockwise View Post
      How on earth can you expect to get back exactly what you put in.
      Where did I say that I expected that, knucklehead?

This might strike you as a novelty, but I don't mind that as a higher earning member of society that I pay more taxes so that those earning less can get free healthcare
      This might strike YOU as a novelty. Neither do I.
      Now if you have a point, hurry up and get to it.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It make I larf.

Having spent decades being royally shafted and being entitled to nothing whatsoever, I developed an attitude that was summed up thus:

Frack 'em all, I say.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Not in higher rate bracket and too old for kids (unless I get lucky) but as an old git I will almost certainly lose my winter fuel allowance. Nevetheless, I think the removal of all these allowances made regardless of wealth, , including that one, is a marvellous bit of sanity from government.

Righties may think there is a case for lower taxes for the productive better off to improve incentives and I generally agree but that should be done via tax allowances. There is no case for a ridiculously complex system where an overbearing state takes money from us all and then doles some of it back out, less a huge administrative overhead, via a myriad of rules and benefits.

The simpler the system and the more f* useless parasite public "servants" we can get rid of, the better for everyone, rich and poor.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

the Chancellors plans?

Funny how they all hate the layabouts, but as soon as they lose a bit of benefits despite living on a 50k a year salary, all hell breaks loose.
            Because the whole point of buying the Daily Wail is to have a goode olde worlde Englishe whinge, usually starting with the words 'these people,...' or 'in my day...' following with 'coming to this country' or 'living off our taxes' and ending in some wild rant like 'bring back the birch' or 'bring back national service'. It's worse on sundays; I know, my Dad buys the Wail on Sunday and then pontificates about how tulipe the world is, while sitting at a table full of food and wine in a comfortable detached house surveying the voluptuous rolling hills of central England.

It´s the English way.

You can deny an Englishman his food, his sleep or his livelihood but woe betide he who denies an Englishman something to complain about.
            Last edited by Mich the Tester; 4 October 2010, 17:36.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              N
              The simpler the system and the more f* useless parasite public "servants" we can get rid of, the better for everyone, rich and poor.
              I do agree here. There is a whole industry built on the unnecessary complexity of our tax system.

However - I don't have sprogs, so those of you that do - you are fookin' sponging off me. Why should I pay for schools? Never been ill - why should I pay for hospitals? Never been old - why should I pay for care? Never been homeless - why should I pay for social housing?
              I doubt any of this will strike a chord - you are all too short sighted and - frankly - fookin' thick..
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

However - I don't have sprogs, so on matters like this, I shall refrain from tossing in some, frankly, irrelevant guff.
                FTFY

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I think it is not about whether we should pay for those things at all but how much we should pay and to whom.

There is sound sense in a significant distribution of wealth to improve society, to pay for other people's children who will in turn work to pay for our care when we get old, to provide insurance and peace of mind for those misfortunes that can befall any of us at times, like being ill or out of work or homeless.

The problem is not with the principle but rather the lack of control that sees money paid to those who are not doing what they reasonably should to help themselves, like the workshy who are raising children in their own image who will probably pay for nobody's pension. This destroys incentive to try and encourages tax avoidance by the able.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    I do agree here. There is a whole industry built on the unnecessary complexity of our tax system.

However - I don't have sprogs, so those of you that do - you are fookin' sponging off me. Why should I pay for schools? Never been ill - why should I pay for hospitals? Never been old - why should I pay for care? Never been homeless - why should I pay for social housing?
                    I doubt any of this will strike a chord - you are all too short sighted and - frankly - fookin' thick..
                    Because one day you might/will? I know, lets go back to the Victorian days, where you'd likely be dead by 40 from a cold or diptheria or mumps - hang on, weren't they eliminated by the NHS??

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
                      Because one day you might/will? I know, lets go back to the Victorian days, where you'd likely be dead by 40 from syphilis- hang on, weren't they eliminated by the NHS??
                      FTFY.

Know your posters.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X