• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official CUK Ryder Cup Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monty's strange decision to pick Harrington above Casey looks even stranger now. Luke Donald was playing those US rookies on his own. And lost.

I see Ross Fisher has been stuck with Harrington in the foursomes. Europeans will hope he can somehow refind the form he had three years ago.

Comment

To cries of YOO-ROOP YOO-ROOP from the galleries, Tiger pulls his opening tee shot straight into the mud. Lol, you've got to laugh.

On a more serious note, I'm expecting big things from the pairing of the Mollinari brothers today.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Monty's strange decision to pick Harrington above Casey looks even stranger now. Luke Donald was playing those US rookies on his own. And lost.

I see Ross Fisher has been stuck with Harrington in the foursomes. Europeans will hope he can somehow refind the form he had three years ago.
        Do you not rate Harrington as a matchplay player?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

wow, that birdie from the man in black has to be the shot of the day so far.
          Last edited by gricerboy; 2 October 2010, 12:01.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
            Do you not rate Harrington as a matchplay player?
            He does not have a good record in Ryder Cup matches, and he has not been playing well this year. He was utterly useless in the first round of fourballs - he was the only player of the 16 not to get a birdie.

As I said, I hope he improves this afternoon.

Unfortunately I'm off to footy now.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
              wow, that birdie from the man in black has to be the shot of the day so far.
              He holed a putt at last! Don't sound so surprised, that's what his job is supposed to be.

Comment

Unfortunately I've missed the latter stages of today's action owing to a practice section with the quartet but its looking finely poised for tomorrow.

Just an observation I'd like to make though. It's really been brought home to me what a grudge match this incredible tournament has become. This was exemplified in the opening seconds when the Clarion call of "Yoo-ROOP" went up from the galleries before Lee Westeood teed off.

I guess It's all a hangover from Brookline in 99.

Comment

I greet you all this morning from a very wet, windswept Celtic Manor this morning and I can tell you all that I cut a pretty bedraggled, miserable figure this morning.

Firstly, my lift didn't arrive so I had to face my demons and go under the Severn Tunnel. I wore earplugs so as to block out the sound of the waves lapping on the surface up above should the train have come to a halt.

Then, on arriving at Celtic Manor some 3 hours after my planned ETA I was informed that there would be no Ingress into the course until 1 hour before play is due to commence, i.e.12.30.

I am utterly furious about this, not only have I missed a whole morning of golf, I've also been made to wait in a huge carpark in the pouring rain for play to recommence. I'm not the only one either, as I type this message I can tell you I am in the midst of a sea of humanity and there's a lot of anger here.

I'll be writing a letter to the authorities about this. I payed 450 for my ticket and there was no hospitality as promised, nothing. Just hours in a wet miserable car park.

Comment

Don't worry, you can use your Sunday ticket to watch the singles on Monday. That means that Sunday's play was actually a bonus for you. I wish I was as lucky. I'm stuck here at home watching the Mollinari Putting Technique (MPT).

Oh, they've just holed one and it's a tied match.

Comment

Awesome display by Yoorup today. Turned the match around and put us in pole position for tomorrow.
                      Get on!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X