• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official CUK Ryder Cup Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    The pairings for ... foursomes will be announced at the opening ceremony at 1530 BST
    they include VIP parking, champagne reception and attendance at a screening of the film "The MoneyShot that was Heard Around the World" ...So, definitely not for the general population.
    Indeed, sounds like a very elite dogging festival for the discerning swinger...
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Well the latest from Celtic Manor is that play has been suspended. I have top say I'm astounded - if they could play through what became known as the carnage of Carnoustie in 99 then surely we could see a whole day's play in what amounts to no more than April showers by comparison.
      Don't be astounded. The problem is standing water on the fairways, which was not such a problem in 1999.

You get a free drop, but the standing water is so widespread it is happening too often and it is difficult to drop near where the ball finished.

That isn't a test of golf prowess, which is what a golf match is supposed to be.

Comment

Anyone watching the rain in HD 3D? Is it good?
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Has play resumed or is that it for the day ?

Comment

Have there been any problems with the locals throwing bread to the Golf Carts yet?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Have there been any problems with the locals throwing bread to the Golf Carts yet?

Has Corey Pavin declared war on Meibion Glyndwr yet?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Well, it looks like play will be extended to Monday for the first time in the history of the Ryder Cup. Fingers crossed the weather will be ok Sunday for my visit.

Bit disappointed I won't be there for the climax of the tournament after all this weather.

Comment

Well, it looks like play will be extended to Monday for the first time in the history of the Ryder Cup. Fingers crossed the weather will be ok Sunday for my visit.

Bit disappointed I won't be there for the climax of the tournament after all this weather.

Comment

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Funny, that's exactly what I was saying!

Comment

Working...
                      X