• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hideously diverse Britain: What bigots say behind closed doors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Amen to that
    That obviously applies both way, bandwagon Pogle!

Wouldn't it be nice if you had your own opinion for once, before someone else had expressed it for you! :
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Actually MF is correct. The article really says nothing at all.
      Typical Grauiniad bollux based on anecdotal hearsay.
      So some people are bigoted - wow give the man a medal for that insight.
      bollocks

It doesn't take that much effort to see that the article says that whereas some years ago such bigoted attitudes might have been gone along with, the majority of people are now more likely to express the view that they are unacceptable.

You need to actually read and inwardly digest the words. I realise that's hard for those of you who assume that whatever you thought twenty years ago was still correct when you woke up this morning, but you should at least either try to understand something new, or try not to make yourselves look stupid for not trying.

Comment

Yes they chose that job and can walk away..on to benefits. How ironic.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          bollocks

It doesn't take that much effort to see that the article says that whereas some years ago such bigoted attitudes might have been gone along with, the majority of people are now more likely to express the view that they are unacceptable.

You need to actually read and inwardly digest the words. I realise that's hard for those of you who assume that whatever you thought twenty years ago was still correct when you woke up this morning, but you should at least either try to understand something, or try not to make yourselves look stupid for not trying.
          Thanks for the spelling lesson. I know how bollocks is spelt, but it is a CUK tradition to spell it bollux. You wouldn't know that being a johnny-come-lately.
          My point about the article is it says nothing new. 20 years ago, the bigots were still in the minority. 20 years from now they'll still be in the minority.

HTH, but IDI.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

We don't know if they mean real bigotry or Gordon Brown style bigotry ie people just expressing legitimate concerns.

Either way, behind closed doors is people' own business, until the state starts monitoring our thoughts anyway. Does anyone really think people in other country are different? At least Brits aren't as openly racist in the real sense as they are in some other countries, esp in the far east or Eastern Europe or Russia.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Typical Grauiniad bollux based on anecdotal hearsay
              Indeed the article is drivel. Why would somebody get paid for that?

PS Oi! I thought you liked the Guardian. Or was that MF?

PPS Hang on while I get a Daily Mail article to counteract the evil.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                <ramble type="imbecility"/>

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Indeed the article is drivel. Why would somebody get paid for that?

PS Oi! I thought you liked the Guardian. Or was that MF?
                  I read the Guardian occasionally for balance. But they come out with just as much ideological tulipe as their right-wing counterparts. It's part of the nature of this country to be hopelessly biased one way or another.

A thought which struck me, is that nowadays I hear many more bigoted statements than I did 20 years ago (NF take note ). My theory is that this is because some sectors of society are feeling the strain from the increase in immigration presided over by Labour. So you can add the breakdown of societal cohesion to the list of Labour's "achievements".
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Well argued.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

"We work for private companies, the NHS, the police. We have worked for the army."
                      I know the public sector laps this stuff up but I've never come across any such training in the private sector - has anyone else?

At least this is one gravy train that the coalition has stopped.

Comment

Working...
                      X