• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swine Flu!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That's world-wide or UK-only
    How many people in the UK died from Malaria whilst being in the UK compared to swine flu?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Oh BTW. How's the rash you posted on 4Chan? Cleared up yet???

I'd post a pic, but I'd get insta-banned.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Diabetic type II so I get pestered to get vaccinated until I give in.
        WHS

Comment

As soon as the surgery gets its 70% immunisation of 'at risk patients' target they will stop pestering the remaining 30%. It's all about the quality points these days.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            As soon as the surgery gets its 70% immunisation of 'at risk patients' target they will stop pestering the remaining 30%. It's all about the quality points these days.
            When I worked on the migration of Primary Health Care records into a centralized database as part of the bids, I had access to 1.5m medical records. As part of a test for the National Framework software I had developed for a Primary Care Trust I ran an entire anonymised 1.5m population through the model using the required metrics for heart disease

Age, height, weight, BMI, drinking, smoking, drug intake, familly history & all of the associated read codes required! Once the data populated I overlay an additional model which would predict heart disease & an associated module for prescription of heart disease drugs & costs.

It was an incredible model and gives a fantastic insight into the types & costs of what-if modelling you can do with data? My making basic changes I could 'save' 1000's of lives (but at what £ cost!)
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
            X