• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snip snip and more snip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admin

Please re-name the smilie from winker to milan.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      reacharound
      That's an image I could have done without. Cheers.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        Admin

Please re-name the smilie from winker to milan.

Thanks.
        That gets my vote!

He really is a chap with an over developed forearm.
        Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
        Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          for me, it takes the fun out things to simply write one word, you're a <snip> rather than trying to find a funny string of Queen's English vocabulary to express the same
          I see what you mean, but just cos the smilie's there, doesn't mean everyone's going to use it all the time. Hopefully posters will also continue the verbal banter using their own (at times, limited) wit.

You have to admit though, sometimes, only that smilie will do.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

You have to admit though, sometimes, only that smilie will do.
            sasguru 19,515 posts
            AtW 21,060 posts

The scope for that smilie is immense.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              sasguru 19,515 posts
              AtW 21,060 posts

The scope for that smilie is immense.

SAS doesn't bother me one bit, and I quite like AtW.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

one of the beauties of this forum in the old days, was that we were all forced to use our grey matter to insult each other within the contraints of the vocabulary offered by the Oxford English Dictionary.

In our 'real' world lives it's easy to swear and every body is doing it all the time

but CUK presented an oasis of gentlemanly insults using the Queen's English.

I am a particular fan of Shaunbhoys wit he is one of the champions of clever funny insults without swearing, as is Sas

for me, it takes the fun out things to simply write one word, you're a <snip> rather than trying to find a funny string of Queen's English vocabulary to express the same

in the past CUK represented professionals and nobody could complain at the high standard of insults, but these days, with it becomes embarressing to be associated with such a bunch of
                CUK was an oasis of gentlemanly humour without direct personal insults using words outside the mandate of the Oxford dictionary, hopefully CUK will try to continue that path
                Milan I'm generally in agreement with you, but the 3 years I've been here I don't remember much professional behaviour or gentlemanly conduct... and certainly not from Sas who still considers "village idiot" to be the height of wit.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X