• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Facebook broken?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    I think I should put a crying smilie on here too...
    :weep:

It's even been "trending" (wotever that is) on Twitter. I was quite amused by a comment (whoops, I mean "tweet") by a friend of mine. Typical capitalists, exploiting other people's misery

Oh, and there was this one as well

Comment

Worst Facebook Outage In Four Years Explained - ITProPortal.com

It was the computer.

Comment

Did the entire world come to a complete stop ?

I would love it if the internet access of the world stopped for a few days. Half my life is on the internet these days and I need to kick the addiction.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          How Facebook fixed the site: they turned it off and on again. Literally.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Did the entire world come to a complete stop ?
            See for yourself

Comment

WIS

Comment

It comes as no surprise to me that this action resolved the problem. The older I get, the more I realise that the majority of problems can generally be resolved with a 3-pin reset. Provided you can circumvent the young naive Mr Smartypants that seems always to be in attendance, suggesting prolonged and almost always pointless investigation in a vain attempt to impress senior management.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  It comes as no surprise to me that this action resolved the problem. The older I get, the more I realise that the majority of problems can generally be resolved with a 3-pin reset. Provided you can circumvent the young naive Mr Smartypants that seems always to be in attendance, suggesting prolonged and almost always pointless investigation in a vain attempt to impress senior management.

A little harsh. Maybe you want to work out why the problem happened in the first place?
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Maybe you want to work out why the problem happened in the first place?
                    Well in an ideal world, yes. However one is seldom allowed the luxury of prolonged root cause investigation when the customer's network is on its knees. Get it working again then deliberate afterwards is the general rule of thumb in most systems I have worked on.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X