• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lib Dems and HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    It's not that, that gets my goat. I completely agree with the sentiment that we should all pay what we owe. Cos that's fair.
    Can we all please try and avoid using this rather distasteful word Fair ™ until the meaning of it, as distorted by the worse government ever to have been wreaked upon the people of the UK, has reverted back to its normal parlance?
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Why do you think Lord Ashcroft has resigned?
      He has realised he'll have to pay taxes?

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Can we all please try and avoid using this rather distasteful word Fair ™ until the meaning of it, as distorted by the worse government ever to have been wreaked upon the people of the UK, has reverted back to its normal parlance?
        I think it has to be used in the same context as phrases like ;- tax avoidance, tax efficient, minimising your liability, in the same league as benefit cheats.. etc

A bit like certain non doms not being tax cheats because they contribute to the economy - there's a concept...

I'm just going to wait and see wht they come up with - then see what the accountants come up with afterwards.

Tax avoidance/efficiency is an industry in it's own right - I don't see those guys going down without a fight
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          To be fair Fair can't be quantified fairly due to it's fairly subjective nature.
          The previous oligarchy, because we don't live in a democracy-rather an elected oligarchy who can then ignore the people and do want they want, used Fair from their point of view.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Tax evasion by the better off is to be aggressively pursued in a £900million drive which will see the number of people targeted for tax checks rise from 5,000 a year to 150,000.
            Sounds to me like a job creation scheme - employ an extra 1000 civil servants then that's a huge saving in benefits payments.

Surely there's an opening here for some of us on here to get a contract role supporting the new software and infrastructure required to do so??

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
              Sounds to me like a job creation scheme - employ an extra 1000 civil servants then that's a huge saving in benefits payments.

Surely there's an opening here for some of us on here to get a contract role supporting the new software and infrastructure required to do so??
              Err, isn't that where it all turned to ratsh!t last time?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                Err, isn't that where it all turned to ratsh!t last time?
                Yes; it was probably quite well paid ratshyte though.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                X