• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed?

So the job boards I usually watch get maybe 2 - 3 jobs a day posted. Checked today and there were 5 pages or 50 adverts posted yesterday. I know its a busy time of the year for logistics but blooming heck. Most are perm which I wouldn't expect if they were temp jobs until new year.

Sign of a recovering economy?

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    So the job boards I usually watch get maybe 2 - 3 jobs a day posted. Checked today and there were 5 pages or 50 adverts posted yesterday. I know its a busy time of the year for logistics but blooming heck. Most are perm which I wouldn't expect if they were temp jobs until new year.

Sign that there might be a job out there and a lot of agencies have got hold of it.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Nah, it means nobody's buying anything and so BigCos need more warehouses to store it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Nah, it means nobody's buying anything and so BigCos need more warehouses to store it all.
        Works for me. Either way it leads to billable days.

Comment

So the job boards
          There are other boards?

Comment

Market is deader than dead. Looks like contractors are all going to be cut where I am at now and no luck with finding anything.

Bad situation.

Comment

Not looking good from where I'm sitting, and I'll be up for looking for real shortly.

If we can take any comfort from the current situation it's that the pimps will be suffering with the job shortages too. Not that I have any wish to see pimps suffering you understand.....

Comment

I've recently had a few of those calls I've not had since the 'bottom' in 2009.

Agents calling up with no role, asking what I'm looking for to keep their database up to date.

Also saying things like "I have a meeting with some companies later this week, I will get back in touch next week...."

Whilst I'm grateful they will go to the effort, it makes me wonder 'why?'. Surely if things are booming they're not going to spend any time talking to me unless they have a role.

Comment

Working...
                X