• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official - UK is a thrd world country, says Pope's mate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    What about Bradford ?
    I'd take Bradford over Swindon any day. Despite the bad press it has, there's quite a bit to do and beautiful countryside is not far away.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      It was official when Labour came to power.
      The odd thing is that they were so successful, so fast. Normally their policies take a little time to screw the country. So maybe we should be congratulating them for this one?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Love the way the Beeb are spinning it as an deadly insult. Lots of English people would actually agree! I see The Independent newspaper was running a full page anti-pope story today. The media really are going full tilt to whip up some anti papist controversy. Bless 'em.

Personally I don't know use Heathrow to comment but you should see Birmingham airport on a Sunday afternoon when the flights go out to Pakistan and India.

Truly part of the Third World for a few hours at least.

Comment

That is not the same as "The UK is a third world country" as the BBC is saying but the nation has a third world education system and will believe anything that is put in front of them.
          Indeed, not the same at all, not sure what favourable spin they are putting on it but if one of our ministers made that comment how it would be seen?

Despite the paedophile crisis (most of the victims boys) he still seems to be arrogantly proclaiming that Catholicism is better than atheism. Even by their own standards, how so exactly? Given the strong Catholic stance on homosexuality you would surely expect abuse of boys to be far less among Catholic priests than among atheists or society in general.

What has happened tends to show that religious belief does not in itself reinforce good behaviour as the religious like to claim. Regardless of their beliefs, people follow their own tendencies and then find ways to justify it. Or they sin, if you prefer to put it that way.

The only sure way to ensure sane people abide by the law is to ensure they will get caught and suffer due penalty in the here and now. Even for the devout, the prospect of punishment in the afterlife is just too vague and distant a prospect to be a real deterrent.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Whatever, you are going to hell.

Comment

A load of fuss over nothing. Anyway, it looks like the Vatican have given him a slapping for it.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                A load of fuss over nothing. Anyway, it looks like the Vatican have given him a slapping for it.
                They should have made him kneel and open up wide as a punishment.
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

The Vatican said the cardinal had not intended "any kind of slight", and was referring to the UK's multicultural society.
                  Translation: "There are more darkies, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs and Jews than one would expect in a northern European country".
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Whatever, you are going to hell.
                    In Finland?
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      In Finland?
                      Have you been to Finland?

Hell has been frozen for a few years now.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X