• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Real IRA to target bankers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real IRA to target bankers

Real IRA says it will target UK bankers | UK news | The Guardian

Surprised it took them this long to make the announcement.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Yet another attempt to legitimise their thuggery - they're criminals and that's putting it mildly.

There is no way "The Real" IRA will ever garner the support that the Provisional IRA did.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Yet another attempt to legitimise their thuggery - they're criminals and that's putting it mildly.

There is no way "The Real" IRA will ever garner the support that the Provisional IRA did.
      I hope you're right, but fear that people generally are stupid and fickle. Even the Provisional IRA were not the original IRA.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        I hope you're right, but fear that people generally are stupid and fickle. Even the Provisional IRA were not the original IRA.
        Your fears are groundless. The "Real IRA" are criminals, not freedom fighters. They're pissed off because they no longer have "the cause" to hide their nefarious activities behind.

Comment

I used to live in one of the places that is now one of their 'strongholds' ( which means they can get 200 kids on the street when they want)

They planted a bomb in a bin outside a school that injured a child. The school is in a nationalist street one up from where I was staying, the PIRA would never have considered doing that.

They do not have a point and are more like the red factions in 70s Europe.

They are useless and dangerous and without the support of the community, that they are showing little regard for, will eventually be finished.

Comment

Can't be bothered to find the EU report but almost all the terrorist incidents in Europe are by the main separatist movements, Kurds, NI, Basques, Corsica.

Not sure about the first but it's hard to see in the last three how the society they want differs in any very significant way from the one they have.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Can't be bothered to find the EU report but almost all the terrorist incidents in Europe are by the main separatist movements, Kurds, NI, Basques, Corsica.

Not sure about the first but it's hard to see in the last three how the society they want differs in any very significant way from the one they have.
              Some people are born to fight for a cause, real or imagined.

Comment

Working...
              X