• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Masters Degrees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masters Degrees

Has anyone on here studied for a masters while still contracting?

i mean its not like we are busy in the day, most of my contracting life has been sat in the corner, looking busy with sweet FA to do.

i was thinking my time could be well spent studying for some more initials after my name.

how much are these courses? how long?

i have a rough idea, but would like some real life experiences of anyone who has done just this?

el duderino.

El duder, what makes you think you'll have any more luck picking up girls this way?

Comment

Well I have two, one that my uni gave me because I got good marks, wrote something about some odd numbers, and then bunged 'em a few quid, the other that I did as a part time course.

The first one seems to impress them that are impressed by such things, working on the second got me into contact with the right people in several engineering companies.

The part time one was 10 1 week courses over a period of 2 years and a thesis, odd half days for exams. Cost? It was paid for by the Royal Academy of Engineering, so apart from the lost contracting fees was nowt really.

HTH
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

el duder are you taking drugs?

Comment

Can someone enlighten me on this Sprite thing? I don't understand.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

drugs?

why you say that?

cause i want to study a masters degree?

Comment

sprite boy

your going back a long way now..

Comment

Let us return to more important subjects, describe this chick you fancy?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  He used to bore us tulipless with what he'd had for lunch, which seemed to consist largely of Sprite...
                  really? what did you have today then?

Comment

I've never seen anyone benefit from a Masters degree. It always makes me think of someone who just strung another year out of Uni because they couldn't be bothered to haul their lazy student arse out of bed and go and get a job.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X