• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inventions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    A device that neutralises any regular sound. Regular sounds should send out a regular wave. How about a device that senses the timing and magnitude of the air displacement and generates an exact equal and opposite wave to neutralise the original?

Applications would be in airplanes, factories, CUK dos, anywhere there is a regular annoying sound.
    Useful in trains where some dickhead is listening to music through earphones. If it could also send an ear splitting, torturous 'beam' of high pitched noise into the said dickhead's ear I would certainly be an interested customer.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

A device that neutralises any regular sound. Regular sounds should send out a regular wave. How about a device that senses the timing and magnitude of the air displacement and generates an exact equal and opposite wave to neutralise the original?

Applications would be in airplanes, factories, CUK dos, anywhere there is a regular annoying sound.
      Quick, patent it!

(You'll probably have a fight on your hands with Lotus, Bose, Harman Kardan etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Yessss. I am tulipe at boiling eggs. Which is pretty embarrassing.
        Krups 230-70 Egg Express Egg Cooker

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Already done. Porsche and other top marques already use it in their cars n stuff. It's called Phase Cancellation Active Noise Control..

... but I am betting you already know this and it was the last line that was the key to your post
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This was my final year project as an undergrad.

GSM noise cancellation for folks with hearing aids. They were irritated and some cases caused pain because of the intermittent bleep we've all become accustom with.

My solution was to build an inverse RF and EM generator equal in amplitude to the incoming radiation. Of course there as lag in the electronics capability to respond so there was a phase variance that was unlikely to be compensated for. In the end I achieved a 70% reduction in interference oh and a degree
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X