• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which BMX did you have ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I had a Mongoose BMX with mushroom grips
    Diamondbacks were the must have when I were a lad.

I had a Raleigh 20

Comment

I had a BSA Tour De France for the road and built my own off road bike with a "Grifter" frame - heavy but robust!

Comment

Can't remember the name of it, something like GX or GLX 2000. It had a drum brake on the back wheel and back peddle brakes. Because the brake was so severe it would lock the back wheel meaning that you could leave a long black rubber stripe on the road and waar those knobbly tyres flat in no time. My mate had a Grifter but I preferred my unnamed one because it was lighter, easier to stad on - as you could stand on the brake, and had a higher gearing than his.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Apple bike

This is the one you want

Here Comes the iBike? Apple Files Patent for a Bicycle Accessory [Updated] - PCWorld

Bonus marks for use of cloud.

Comment

it's all flooding back now

Mongoose

Diamond Back

those were for the rich kids

Mushroom grips

bear trap pedals

Z rims, weren't those the rims which could bend ?

Milan.

Comment

I had Spokey Dokeys. Or sometimes a twig stuck between the fork and the spokes, so that it sounded like a motorbike.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                I had Spokey Dokeys. Or sometimes a twig stuck between the fork and the spokes, so that it sounded like a motorbike.
                I thought spokey dokeys were those little plastic balls which made a tinkling sound if you cycled really slowly and then simply stuck to the rims if you went faster than walking pace.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  I had a Grifter in black and gold and later on a proper racer. Never had a BMX, they are fine for tricks but woefully inadequate as a means of transport.
                  WdoodabS but in sliver.

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                  Playing card surely or you bent the back of your mudguard down.

Comment

Pondlife,

you sir, are showing your age

Dad, it's like this,

BMX's didn't have mud guards - that was the whole point of them.

Milan.

Comment

Chrome burner with stunt nuts (or trick nuts, if you prefer) front and rear.

Comment

Working...
                      X