• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New look at City bonuses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Company directors/share-holders (not sure which) decide how to manage dividends... some companies decide to do big dividends, others decide on none at all.
    Shareholders are ultimate owners of the company, when directors decide it's a good idea to spend most of profits on staff bonuses leaving shareholders bugger all then there is no point in such a company as it appears to exist to make directors/employees rich.

It's not like they are taking 10% of profits in bonuses, ffs - how can it even be called profit if such a vast some goes into cost based of employees? It's NOT a profit - only what's left and paid as dividend (or retained in company) is, and in this case it's not much.

Comment

The shareholders allow it to happen, don't they?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        The shareholders allow it to happen, don't they?
        That's because shareholders are big pension funds etc, and they don't want to do anything active about these things, and the reason they invest is because BARC is in FTSE 100.

When I get some free time (after SKA's imminent success), I'll buy 1 share of BARC and give 'em hell on their next AGM.

HTH

Comment

Working...
        X