• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal only school dinners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markinbrussels View Post
    The point of this thread was Halal-only schools being imposed on the British public.
    Err no it wasn't. It was an alarmist piece of trashy tabloid journalism from the Daily Star about the methods employed in the slaughter of animals for subsequent consumption in schools. It was designed to captivate and fluster the weak-willed and gullible.
    Congratulations upon so spectaculary matching their target demographic.

A tad disappointing to also note that some, who ought to know better, have tried to camouflage their prejudices behind the lofty banner of Animal Welfare. No fools like old fools I suppose.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

BTW, if you take a look at Muzzieland, I don't think Muzzies like compromise very much (in their own yard, that is).
      If i remember correctly Troll was banned for less than that!
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I'm actually surprised at how orderly and restrained some have been on here. There's even the risk of proper debate occurring.

Good to see NickyG back, didn't know you'd moved to Brussels dear chap, hope you're enjoying it there, and will continue to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
          The point was more about the how the media presented it. And how a moron like you (and your ilk) jump on it to promote your brand of "whitey is best".
          Just going back to the original story, is the little girl in the second picture looking glum because she's being made to eat halal cornflakes?

I'm also struck by the statement of a Mr Masood Khawaja of the Halal Food Authority (who I assume is a 'Muzzie', who said: "It is commendable for schools to provide halal meats but there must be an alternative for non- Muslims."

Sounds like a fair minded kind of chap to me.

Are the panel also aware that at the time of writing the Quran, the stipulations as to the slaughter of meat were a major step forward in animal welfare at the time, assuring that slaughter was (relatively) quick and supervised? Is it not more a case of a too literal interpretation of the Quran by some muslims, that modern methods of humane slaughter (stunning) have not been adopted by all halal butchers?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            It was an alarmist piece of trashy tabloid journalism ... ...designed to captivate and fluster the weak-willed and gullible.

Congratulations upon so spectacularly matching their target demographic.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              So the ones in all the other countries are okay then? Face it, you're just another brown-skin-hater like all your BNP kin. You provide, typically, no evidence to support your assertion.

Regarding the BNP, it's amazing to see how the PC media can vilify a party that, whether you
              agree with its ideas or not, has never started a major campaign of murderous violence against
              the British public.

So, in order to gain political respectability, you must essentially proceed like this:

1. follow the IRA/Sinn Fein example: kill over 3,000 people including women and children, then agree to stop in return for some political clout. You'll be celebrated as a respectable peacemaker.

2. follow the peace-loving Muzzies example: plant bombs in the tube and kill a few dozens. Then an army of psychologists, social activists and community organizers will descend to you to understand why you're feeling disfranchised. Subsidies and handouts will follow.

3. follow the Khadaffi example: plant bombs in planes. Then promise you regret your past actions and
              gonna be a good boy. Soon Western businessmen and politicians will knock on you door.

Unfortunately for them, the BNP doesn't fit in any of the above categories. They haven't killed anyone as far as I know. Conversely, BNP members have been killed by Muzzies, sorry, Asians.

I don't like the anti-intellectual side of the BNP, and I think that they have no consistent policy on
              economics and the like, but certainly they have a point regarding mass immigration and their voice
              should be heard. Hamas' spokesmen are daily on the BBC. Why not Nick Griffin?

FYI, I see myself closer to the UKIP.

Comment

Regarding the BNP,
                [snip]

Unfortunately for them, the BNP doesn't fit in any of the above categories. They haven't killed anyone as far as I know. Conversely, BNP members have been killed by Muzzies, sorry, Asians.

I don't like the anti-intellectual side of the BNP, and I think that they have no consistent policy on
                economics and the like, but certainly they have a point regarding mass immigration and their voice
                should be heard. Hamas' spokesmen are daily on the BBC. Why not Nick Griffin?

FYI, I see myself closer to the UKIP.
                No denial then? Any proof of these alleged BNP members being killed. I'm sure it would have the BBC if that was true. I rarely see Hamas on the BCC...they're on Aljazeera quite often but not on the BBC.

You haven't a leg to stand on.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Regarding the BNP, it's amazing to see how the PC media can vilify a party that, whether you
                  agree with its ideas or not, has never started a major campaign of murderous violence against
                  the British public.

Unfortunately for them, the BNP doesn't fit in any of the above categories. They haven't killed anyone as far as I know.
                  Not under their BNP guise, no, because they wish to gain 'respectability'. Under their previous guise as the National Front, they scared the tulip out of anyone with a little more pigment in their skin, and their chums at Combat18 and the like have certainly spilled the blood of British citizens.

Comment

the British public.
                    Are we including ex-members like the nice Mr David Copeland? Probably not, eh.

So, in order to gain political respectability, you must essentially proceed like this:

3. follow the Khadaffi example: plant bombs in planes. Then promise you regret your past actions and
                    gonna be a good boy. Soon Western businessmen and politicians will knock on you door.
                    Oh dear, a desperate attempt to shoe horn an unrelated 'terrorist incident' which has strong evidence pointing towards involvement of the UK & US intelligence services into your argument.

Hamas' spokesmen are daily on the BBC. Why not Nick Griffin?
                    I believe it's because he resembles a fat sweaty pig and, as such, isn't halal!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                      Are we including ex-members like the nice Mr David Copeland? Probably not, eh.
                      As an aside, what does it say about a homophobe that he commits an act likely to get himself sent to prison for a long time?

I wonder if Mr Copeland enjoys the communal showers.

Comment

Working...
                      X