• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest Newts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    I hope you have your CRB Certificate.
    Wouldn't be valid even if he did. Each job requires a new one...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      You're not another one of CMs sockpuppets are you?
      not quite, but you do have my number

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
        Really?

Comment

Do tell ...
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

wow i've not read him before is he real?
            Of course he is

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
              Well things have really been coming together for me over the past few days despite the outrage that occurred on Monday. Incidentally, if I happen to chance upon any of my treacherous fellow commuters while I'm out on my recumbant, they'll be rather shocked at the way I can make an approximation of a circular saw with my front cog. Perfectly at between the legs height too.

Anyway, being a positive kind of guy I've made some good come of this episode. You may recall Me talking about my recent induction into the Bristol Suburban Railway Society and how I want to make my mark there. Well, In the pub on Monday night (I was on ginger beer as I do not consume any alcoholic beverages) me and my mate Malc hatched a wizard plan; to do a sponsored cycle ride around the disused railways of the county of Devonshire. This works out really well as it happens as our other mate from the quartet is on scout duty over the week we plan on going and so we could lip down with the scouts and guides at their camp on a couple of nights. We also plan on having a bit of a Jamboree / gang show with the kids on the last night; I guess we'll have to practice I'm Rolling Along On A Crest of a Wave in Barbershop style lol!

Anyway, in time honoured tradition I'll be setting up a website with lots of pics from our adventures and there will also be an opportunity for people to contribute to my fu.d. In the meantime I'm off to learn the words to Gin Gang Goolie!
              Would be more than happy to contribute to you FOAD fund.

You get started and I'll pop a cheque in the post addressed to Lardy Gut Bucket, Denmark.

Comment

Well, it's been 6 weeks since Malc and I went on our cycle odyssey and I can't believe I haven't given you all an
                update on our capers.

After peddling some 120 miles around the disused railways of Devonshire and raising some £30 for the BSRS in
                sponsorship money, Malc and I got to within 10 miles of our destination, the village of Broadwood Widger, and rather
                cravenly gave up the ghost I'm afraid to say. It had started raining and my water on the knee had started playing up so
                we made a beeline for the nearest telephone kiosk and phoned our friend Stu, who is akela of his local scout pack, and
                he came and picked us up in his battered old ex GPO Commer Van to take us to the camp where the gang show was taking
                place. Feeling like a couple of Charlies, We rather sheepishly loaded our cycles into the back of the van and, after a bit of
                goodnatured ribbing, our travails were soon forgotten and we were bowling down the A30 munching on Stu's savoury
                moments, kindly donated by Brown Owl by all accounts!

Upon arrival, we were introduced to all the boys and girls who had come from guide and scout packs from all over the
                south west and were shown to our tent where we were told to get changed into uniform. It had been years since either
                of us had been in a scout's outfit and we both struggled to remember how to fasten our neckerchiefs! Through a gap in
                the awning of the tent I noticed Brown Owl watching impatiently as Malc and I fiddled with each other's woggles before she came storming in taking matters into her own hands, much to the surprise of Malc and I, and with a swift tug both our woggles were firmly in place.
                You may recall that we'd agreed to do a musical turn and when Brown Owl razzed us, Malc played a real curve ball and
                suggested we write something there and then. So, we went back to the tent and Malc whipped out his Remington and began banging furiously away and after just 3 minutes we were done. I won't go into the song in any detail suffice to say
                that it was a little ditty perfectly suited to being sung as a round. And that's what we did. The guides started off with the scouts coming in at the start of the first refrain and Malc and I coming in at the start of the second. My! What a deafening response we got at the conclusion of the song! My heart swelled with pride at the rapturous applause we received and swelled even further as the National Anthem struck up with Malc and I stood there at full salute in front of the assembled company as the climax to a wonderful evening.

--

Comment

Well, it's been 6 weeks since Malc and I went on our cycle odyssey and I can't believe I haven't given you all an
                  update on our capers.

After peddling some 120 miles around the disused railways of Devonshire and raising some £30 for the BSRS in
                  sponsorship money, Malc and I got to within 10 miles of our destination, the village of Broadwood Widger, and rather
                  cravenly gave up the ghost I'm afraid to say. It had started raining and my water on the knee had started playing up so
                  we made a beeline for the nearest telephone kiosk and phoned our friend Stu, who is akela of his local scout pack, and
                  he came and picked us up in his battered old ex GPO Commer Van to take us to the camp where the gang show was taking
                  place. Feeling like a couple of Charlies, We rather sheepishly loaded our cycles into the back of the van and, after a bit of
                  goodnatured ribbing, our travails were soon forgotten and we were bowling down the A30 munching on Stu's savoury
                  moments, kindly donated by Brown Owl by all accounts!

Upon arrival, we were introduced to all the boys and girls who had come from guide and scout packs from all over the
                  south west and were shown to our tent where we were told to get changed into uniform. It had been years since either
                  of us had been in a scout's outfit and we both struggled to remember how to fasten our neckerchiefs! Through a gap in
                  the awning of the tent I noticed Brown Owl watching impatiently as Malc and I fiddled with each other's woggles before she came storming in taking matters into her own hands, much to the surprise of Malc and I, and with a swift tug both our woggles were firmly in place.
                  You may recall that we'd agreed to do a musical turn and when Brown Owl razzed us, Malc played a real curve ball and
                  suggested we write something there and then. So, we went back to the tent and Malc whipped out his Remington and began banging furiously away and after just 3 minutes we were done. I won't go into the song in any detail suffice to say
                  that it was a little ditty perfectly suited to being sung as a round. And that's what we did. The guides started off with the scouts coming in at the start of the first refrain and Malc and I coming in at the start of the second. My! What a deafening response we got at the conclusion of the song! My heart swelled with pride at the rapturous applause we received and swelled even further as the National Anthem struck up with Malc and I stood there at full salute in front of the assembled company as the climax to a wonderful evening.

--
                  Did you hoist Akela's knickers up the flag pole? It is a time-honoured tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    Did you hoist Akela's knickers up the flag pole? It is a time-honoured tradition.
                    Absolutely. That and copping off with a member of the opposite sex. And getting drunk.
                    I got quite a few badges and I can still erect a tent
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Anyway, in time honoured tradition I'll be setting up a website with lots of pics from our adventures and there will also be an opportunity for people to contribute to my fu.d.
                      Where is this website?

munching on Stu's savoury
                      moments... I noticed Brown Owl watching impatiently as Malc and I fiddled with each other's woggles before she came storming in taking matters into her own hands, much to the surprise of Malc and I, and with a swift tug both our woggles were firmly in place... Malc whipped out his Remington and began banging furiously away and after just 3 minutes we were done
                      2nd-rate Janet & John, to be honest.

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      I can still erect a tent
                      You think a lot of yourself...
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X