• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nuclear response from North Korea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We ought to engineer a major conflict between N Korea and Iran and with a bit of luck they will nuke each other. That would only leave Belgium from the "axis of evil" states.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It was Iran that should have been dealt with in 2003, not Iraq.
      Another bit of major sense from Mr squirrel, although I do have a bit of sympathy for Iranians considering what happened in 1957.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

So South Korea has begun it's war games. Nothing as yet from NK. If they rattle the sabre and do nothing, do they not lose face? This would be bad for them as eastern culture is all about saving face at all costs.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          If they rattle the sabre and do nothing, do they not lose face?
          No, they won't lose their face.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            So then it's put up or shut up, right?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Well, not to their own citizens. I am sure the news reports will state that the South/US backed down and didn't undertake the exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                Well, not to their own citizens. I am sure the news reports will state that the South/US backed down and didn't undertake the exercise.
                Right. But meanwhile the rest of the world know the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                  Well, not to their own citizens.
                  Much the same way North Korea won the World Cup Final against Brazil by scoring winning goal - TV feeds available of that

Comment

Blame the Mericans, they built and used them. WHo can blame other nations for wanting the technology to 'protect themselves'. Part of me stupidly thinks every country should have nukes, so we can all sit down and every nation can speak and be and listened to on an equal level. Who would be a fool to use a nuke when every nation has them? And if someone did, and the whole world went up in nuclear smoke, maybe we as a race deserve it for being so....human? However, the other side of me knows we need to keep them out of the wrong hands. However, I don't also want to see more dodgy wars where many of the selfish and self-centered people of the Western world actually take some enjoyment in seeing another war.....not caring about the many innocent lives being lost (both sides), many of whom want piece like the rest of us.
                    Last edited by SuperZ; 25 July 2010, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                      Blame the Mericans, they built and used them. WHo can blame other nations for wanting the technology to 'protect themselves'. Part of me stupidly thinks every country should have nukes, so we can all sit down and every nation can speak and be and listened to on an equal level. Who would be a fool to use a nuke when every nation has them? And if someone did, and the whole world went up in nuclear smoke, maybe we as a race deserve it for being so....human? However, the other part of me knows we need to keep them out of the wrong hands, however, I don't also want to see more wars where the selfish and self-centered people of the Western world actually take some enjoyment in seeing another war.....not caring about the many innocent lives lost.
                      w h i t e s p a c e

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X