• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In the tulip at Clientco!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    The mother was a classic. Really indignant.

The girl passed her test on the 7th July.

I suppose if it was my daughter I would also try it on.

I'll imagine now, that they will concoct a story to say I was reversing as there were no witnesses. Little pikeys.
    So she's on her mother's insurance? I wouldn't want to be that kid.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I suppose if it was my daughter I would also try it on.
      So this poor girl drove into you and you tried to seduce her? I can see it now:

"How would you like it if I rammed you from behind?"

Pervert!
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        I assume that New Clientco have started to make up the spare room for Mr Cockup??

Maybe I'm jumping the gun or are the words "MarillionFan has a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this thread ?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
          Maybe I'm jumping the gun or are the words "MarillionFan has a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this thread ?
          Yep. He's going to regale us with how he's single-handedly set clientco back on the righteous path tomorrow, how his contract has been extended and about the offer to join the board of directors.

More bullcrap than Threaded and Menelaus conjoined at the arse!

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
            So, were you reversing?

Also, if there were no witnesses, why didn't you just punch her?
            She was bigger than him!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              She was bigger than him!
              Who isn't?

MF is like 4 ft 3'', allegedly

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                So she's on her mother's insurance? I wouldn't want to be that kid.
                Even better, if the insurance company decides that the young lady is in fact the main driver of said vehicle and the mother was only put on the policy as main driver to keep the premiums down, then... no insurance!

N.B. Definition of "better" may vary. Particularly if you're the claimant

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Even better, if the insurance company decides that the young lady is in fact the main driver of said vehicle and the mother was only put on the policy as main driver to keep the premiums down, then... no insurance!

N.B. Definition of "better" may vary. Particularly if you're the claimant
                  That one happened to me. As far as the insurance company were concerned the father had been driving and the accident occurred a day later. In my naivety I protested, but fortunately they ignored me and paid up.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    If you have another conversation with the mother, it might be worth dropping a hint to that effect to her - the kid could be prosecuted for no insurance, the mother for fraud - and the costs of your accident could be claimed back against the mother/daughter personally.

Will any of this happen, probably not. But it might cause her to realise that they are the ones breaking the law - and she will come down off her high horse pronto and just settle up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                      Just ask yourself - What Would Kimbo Slice Do ?
                      FTFY
                      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                      X