• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Broken phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having the same problem with my phone upgrade. I have a nokia 5800. I was tempted to look at the iPhone 4 but the price puts me off and also there appears to be a problem with the signal on it. The guy a Vodafone recommended the Sony X10 (he brandished this an iPhone Killer!!) or the Nokia X6. I got bored of listening to him after about 30 minutes or so so I ended the call. Not really sure I want to go down the route of an iPhone anyway? There are so many different handsets around so who knows which is the best one!?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      On the latest firmware and while it's better it is still rubbish. I've stripped out a load of apps that come as default and stuck what I can onto the 32gb drive. My phone has 8mb free on c. As for Nokia maps. I used it as a sat nav last weekend and it kept getting left and right mixed up. The map would clearly show a left turn and it would say right. It told me to take the next right on the motorway. As it was the M60 I could have been going round forever before I found the next right!
      I don't like sat nav, I prefer to look at a map, and I find nokia maps fairly good for that and it works out a lot cheaper than google if you are roaming. But then I am the sort of person who collects maps.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Just like that gunman in the chipshop, I can only advise you to eat more fresh fruit. Grapefruit juice supposedly helps.
        Yeah apparently coffee and doob make it taste tangy erm according to some ladies I know...

Comment

If you're going to get it repaired, then you may as well just get something dirt cheap off eBay that fits the bill while you wait.

Failing that, I love my HTC Desire.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            If you're going to get it repaired, then you may as well just get something dirt cheap off eBay that fits the bill while you wait.

Failing that, I love my HTC Desire.
            Oh, it's not like I'm without a phone, I have a couple of spares lying around as well as my old N95 with my UK SIM in it for SMS & actual conversations.

All I really used the broken one for was internet & email and sometimes to listen to music which I can do on the N95 anyway. It'll probably do me good not to have the internet in my pocket for a bit. I just thought, as screens seem to be bigger and higher res and processors faster etc, it would be a good time to upgrade.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Oh, it's not like I'm without a phone, I have a couple of spares lying around as well as my old N95 with my UK SIM in it for SMS & actual conversations.

All I really used the broken one for was internet & email and sometimes to listen to music which I can do on the N95 anyway. It'll probably do me good not to have the internet in my pocket for a bit. I just thought, as screens seem to be bigger and higher res and processors faster etc, it would be a good time to upgrade.
              The only things that I think are good about the n97 are the keyboard, the storage (have 40gb in mine with the mem card) and for video.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Why not just get it insured and in a couple of weeks, drop it!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

The only things that I think are good about the n97 are the keyboard, the storage (have 40gb in mine with the mem card) and for video.
                  The keyboard is handy but I find the symbol and "symbol shift" blue arrow key seem to be on the wrong side, and the little trackpad / directional thing should be on the right IMO.

Comment

I tell you what mate, Rochdale has certainly rubbed off on you!

Comment

It's still within the manufacturers guarantee period, and as it seems to have had some sort of electrical failure (judging by the smell) and that has caused some sort of glue type substance to melt and ooze out of it I am expecting the problem to be covered by the guarantee TBH.

Comment

Working...
                      X