• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flying Etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Def agree... on a 40 min flight to Dublin (for example) there is no need whatsoever to recline the seat, yet some knobs do.

Couple of years ago we were in a row of three coming back from Carribean and we were the last row before the partition so we couldn't recline the seats by much, there were a couple in front who proceeded to recline all 3 seats, even though there were only 2 of them. I ended up asking them to at least put one upright as we were squished behind. They acted like we'd just pissed in their drinks
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I cannot abide people who put their seat back. It is just rudeness. Absolutely no thought for others.

Comment

Someone has actually bothered to come up with a solution to this problem:

The original Knee Defender - travel gadgets accessory - airplane legroom, DVT - travel accessories

Comment

Originally posted by bingobob View Post
          Someone has actually bothered to come up with a solution to this problem:

The original Knee Defender - travel gadgets accessory - airplane legroom, DVT - travel accessories
          according to this: YouTube - FareCompare's Grumpy Santa & Elf on the "Knee Defender"
          if you're caught using a knee defender, you'll be asked by the cabin staff not to

Comment

FFS Fly business, first or club. Problem solved.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I really don't mind the person in front reclining an inch or two, and I think it would be rather unreasonable to complain given how uncomfortable I find the seats when fully upright.

On the other hand I don't fly ryanair or easyjet, who have ultra-tight seat pitches, precisely because I like to have a bit more room. Lufthansa planes for example have a good 3" more legroom in economy class than easyjet.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

as a frequent flyer I get automatically upgraded on all flights with said airline

one of the funniest is to be in the last row of business and recline the seat into the riff raff behind

funniest is when riff raff close to business try to come through business and use the business toilets and get sent back by the air hostesses

excellent

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  FFS Fly business, first or club. Problem solved.
                  As I think someone mentioned earlier, there is no difference in seat pitch between cattle and business on many short haul flights. They just move a little curtain further down the aisle.

This is certainly the case with KLM. Sometimes they don't even bother with a business class despite what it says on your ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    As I think someone mentioned earlier, there is no difference in seat pitch between cattle and business on many short haul flights. They just move a little curtain further down the aisle.
                    That is certainly the case with the small planes but I think you do get a better amount of room in economy on those, the whole VLM fleet for example when it was still VLM. Airlines are not going to try and squeeze more seats onto a Fokker 50, at least I hope not.

I did like that airline, I dread to think what Air France/KLM have done to them.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                      I have been on 2 European flights in the last month of so, under 1 1/2hrs duration each time.

On a least one journey each the passenger in front has decided to tilt their seat back crushing my legs in the process.

Now I know I cannot stop them doing this, other than giving them the knees in the back of the seat treatment, but why do they do this - why do they not have any consideration for the people behind them ?

I would never do this. So rude it makes me mad
                      Trains are better. Travel first class by train. Flying's for plebs.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X