• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ladies' Wimbledon Final

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Oh dear. I should have known you wouldn't understand
    No, not really. Females tend to be more tempramental (male competition horses are usually castrated, but not always) but have similar physical abilities.
    No please explain it to me..... How does anything to do with riding a horse affect the "males are better at sports* than female"

*when it is male and female humans we are comparing....

We could compare many other activities where the sportsman/woman is a "passenger" but thats not the case I was putting forward (and I know you did understand my case - you were just attempting a diversion)

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
      No please explain it to me..... How does anything to do with riding a horse affect the "males are better at sports* than female"

*when it is male and female humans we are comparing....

We could compare many other activities where the sportsman/woman is a "passenger" but thats not the case I was putting forward (and I know you did understand my case - you were just attempting a diversion)
      Simply put - you are not a "passenger"
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Simply put - you are not a "passenger"
        No but your "athletic prowess" is not the major factor.....

You could put a brilliant rider on an old nag and it wouldn't win Burleigh......

A donkey (like me) on a thoroughbred* also wouldn't win Burleigh.....

I am not saying that the riders skill doesn't have an affect of course it does... but the horses abilities are very important.

* OK I know a thoroughbred isn't necessarily a good eventer - but you know what I mean.

Comment

That is because they are girlies.... even "The Beast" (Serena) is a girlie....
          They are not as strong as men
          They are not as fast as men

I know its not PC to say it but basically they are not as as good as men........ at playing tennis.
          I don't disagree, but I hadn't realised how big the gap was. Serena is tall and very large - legs and arms and trunk look as big as many of the guys, if not bigger. But even the skinny looking guys pack way more punch... why are Serena's muscles comparatively so weedy?
          Laura Robson might be able to beat me..... but I am not even a decent tennis player....
          Not might. She'd pummel you... power is far less important than skill unless both are of similar skill. Tim Henman beat Jonathan Ross, playing with a cricket bat, IIRC [/QUOTE]
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

* OK I know a thoroughbred isn't necessarily a good eventer - but you know what I mean.
            They are actually (although a dash of other breeds is generally the preferred option as they add a little stamina to the speed).

With the same "equipment" then our skills are a major factor and physical strength isn't. With every other sport I can think of strength is a major factor, which was your original argument I think? I just provided a contrary example.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I don't disagree, but I hadn't realised how big the gap was. Serena is tall and very large - legs and arms and trunk look as big as many of the guys, if not bigger. But even the skinny looking guys pack way more punch... why are Serena's muscles comparatively so weedy?
              How much does Serena weigh? How much is fat* (rather than muscle)?
              Length of arms/ratio (upper vs lower)...
              "type" and volume of muscle etc

* Not meant as an insult a biological fact re women physiology

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Not might. She'd pummel you... power is far less important than skill unless both are of similar skill. Tim Henman beat Jonathan Ross, playing with a cricket bat, IIRC
              OK fair enough.... but I do have a fair level of racket skill.
              I could certainly "out hit" her but I suspect she would have me running round the court just about "paddling" the ball back so i would never get a good hit..... until I collapsed in a sweaty heap mid-way through a game!

Comment

They are actually (although a dash of other breeds is generally the preferred option as they add a little stamina to the speed).

With the same "equipment" then our skills are a major factor and physical strength isn't. With every other sport I can think of strength is a major factor, which was your original argument I think? I just provided a contrary example.
                You did (almost) what I expected.... You put forward an answer to a different argument!

Comment

PS - Its not just strength....
                  Men are better darts players.... Snooker players etc

Comment

Actually in the sporting field women are not as good as men - period!
                    Pick any real* sport or athletic event and the best ladies in the world are not even close to the best men.

*real = objective scoring/distance/speed rather than subjective artistic/style scoring.

This viewpoint is not always popular with ladies.......
                    You are the same Drewster who posted these arguments that I'm responding to?

I accept that when we talk about most sports you are correct, but you made a sweeping statement which was inaccurate.

Snooker and darts are games btw.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                      So let me sum up Drewster. You're saying that men are fitter, stronger, more athletic, more intelligent, have better pain barriers and make better drivers.

Ok anything else you want to add?
                      Women make very good Cakes, can crochet magnificently, and make excellent dance partners. Outside of that, I feel it is a bit harsh to go comparing them with their male counterparts in too varied a series of endeavours. Not exactly apples with apples is it??
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X