• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Laws Do You Want Repealed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repeal the "law" that allows people to be locked up for 28 days without charge on the grounds that your name is Ali, you have a beard and therefore you might be a threat to national security. It's like a Not The Nine o'Clock News sketch.

Not going to happen is it? 'Cos I/we don't understand the 'threat' apparently. If I don't see y'all tomorrow I'll be in Belmarsh for (thought) crimes against the state.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      'Cos I/we don't understand the 'threat' apparently. If I don't see y'all tomorrow I'll be in Belmarsh for (thought) crimes against the state.
      The "threat" is that the "Security Agencies" will be downsized.
      When the Soviet Union vanished, I did not speak out, because I was working in the bit of MI5 that dealt with the Soviet Union.

When the IRA vanished, I did not speak out, because I'd managed to wangle a transfer to the bit of MI5 that dealt with the IRA.

When 9/11 happened, I said "Jesus Mary and Joseph, we're all saved as long as we keep on telling the politicians that there is a continuing threat from non-representative Islamic extremists."

When 7/7 happened, I said "Jesus Mary and Joseph, this is even better, because although we clearly failed to prevent this happening and are therefore obviously NBG, the politicians can't afford to get rid of us for fear of public perception."

And so on

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Repeal the "law" that allows people to be locked up for 28 days without charge on the grounds that your name is Ali, you have a beard and therefore you might be a threat to national security. It's like a Not The Nine o'Clock News sketch.

Not going to happen is it? 'Cos I/we don't understand the 'threat' apparently. If I don't see y'all tomorrow I'll be in Belmarsh for (thought) crimes against the state.
        Anyone seen the Zipster today............or 662079 as they are calling her at Paddington Green??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
        X