• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

English football - the Inquest.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    News conference is 10 minutes late to start. Bet Fabio has quit!
    Doesn't look like it and I hope he stays.

The FA need to back him when they decide in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Is Manuel Neuer a cheat?

He must have known the ball crossed the line & yet carried on playing. Not very sportsmanlike at the least.
      He played to the whistle.

Comment

There just isn't that national passion that other countries have. In Canada we are not too worried when our local team doesn't do too well, but it is an absolute must that the national team do well. It seems the opposite in England is true.

So where was this Rooney chap BTW? MIA AFAICT
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          He played to the whistle.
          As all professionals should.

Otherwise, you get this

YouTube - DiCanio vs Barthez

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            There just isn't that national passion that other countries have. In Canada we are not too worried when our local team doesn't do too well, but it is an absolute must that the national team do well. It seems the opposite in England is true.

So where was this Rooney chap BTW? MIA AFAICT
            Are you on drugs?
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Are you on drugs?
              Can you honestly say that over the 4 games that any of the players played with passion.

If anyone David James did, probably the best player we had over the the 3 games he played.

No lung busting runs from midfield apart from the first 3 mins against USA
              No pressing, thundering tackles, no shouting.

Comment

The team from the "Best League in the World" played remarkably like the team from the "Worst League in the World".

HTH
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Can you honestly say that over the 4 games that any of the players played with passion.

If anyone David James did, probably the best player we had over the the 3 games he played.

No lung busting runs from midfield apart from the first 3 mins against USA
                  No pressing, thundering tackles, no shouting.
                  He was referring to the nation as a whole, at least that's how I took it?
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    He was referring to the nation as a whole, at least that's how I took it?
                    How very dare he!!!!
                    Does he have no conception of the numbers of plastic flags that have been sold in the last 6 weeks or so?
                    If that is not passionate then I don't know what is...............although curiously, I have not noticed quite so many today.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X