• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THEPUMA View Post
    Flat rate for IT contractors up to 14.5% from 13%. So someone billing £100K + VAT will pay make an additional profit per annum of £375, before taking account of any additional input VAT they might pay.

PUMA
    That's great!

What's your source, please?
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

2.167. The March 2010 Budget announced action to tackle arrangements
      using trusts and other vehicles to reward employees which seek to avoid, defer
      or reduce liabilities of employees and directors to income tax and NICs or to
      avoid restrictions on pensions tax relief. Legislation will take effect from April
      2011. The Government confirms that Employer Financed Retirement Benefit
      Schemes (EFRBS) are within the scope of this measure. (March 2010 Budget)
      Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by THEPUMA View Post
        Flat rate for IT contractors up to 14.5% from 13%. So someone billing £100K + VAT will pay make an additional profit per annum of £375, before taking account of any additional input VAT they might pay.

PUMA
        I'm calling bulls**t on that, until it's announced.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          I think the budget was fair enough under the circumstances. The reduction in CT is a plus point. The increase in VAT could mean the FRS works in our favour, but I haven't crunched the numbers.
          Unless you're not VAT registered, then it directly affects you. Looks like I'll be buying a lot of hardware before January.
          And when VAT goes up..don't expect it come back down. Unless you happen to live in Canada.

So the big question is....is it time to pack bags and get out?
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            I'm calling bulls**t on that, until it's announced.
            Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
            That's great!

What's your source, please?
            http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2010/bn45.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              Unless you're not VAT registered, then it directly affects you. Looks like I'll be buying a lot of hardware before January.
              And when VAT goes up..don't expect it come back down. Unless you happen to live in Canada.

So the big question is....is it time to pack bags and get out?
              and go where?

Comment

pension looks to be fcuked

looks as though they are going to limit what you can shove into a pension

Comment

tax oveseas money transfers

How about taxing all this money thats transferred out of UK by western union etc.

Whats earned in the UK stays in the UK - new UK motto

Comment

Almost an anti-climax of a budget. I reckon Darling would have been forced into making bigger cuts by the spekulators...
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      If she switches discipline (from Secondary to Primary) I think she would start out a few grades lower. Might be worth considering if she's desperate.
                      Won't the NQT lot also be there, also competing with a correspondingly lower salary?
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X