• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Excellent. Yes, the rail option would be preferable.

if you're coming up from the Sarf via Rail, you're best getting off at Wilmslow

Comment

If you want to maximise your revenue, look at staying in Northwich or even cheaper (but rougher) in Winsford. Northwich is about 8 or 9 miles from Knutsford but is far cheaper for everything. It is also on the same railway line.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        I presume Gricer that you'll be shacking up with a compadre on "Canal Street".
        Last time I was there, someone stole the "C" from the street sign!

Comment

Originally posted by Stag Cozier View Post
          And the "S"?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Dear Sockie,

I presume you will be working at Radbroke hall for Barclays. They will have directions to Radbroke barn, which is were all the Barclays' contractors stay. I enjoyed my time there and the brekkies are excellent. The proprietor is a mad eccentric old squire who always made I larf.

Radbroke barn turning is almost directly opposite a pub called the "Whipping Stocks" which is a Sam Smiths pub so very very cheap beer.

Radbroke barn

BR

SY01
            Yep the barn is good to stay but space is pretty thin on the ground at present due to all the new contractors barclays have taken on including me.
            AND the propieter is deffo far on the eccentric scale, my last time staying there he was serving bucks fizz on Fridays to go with the cooked breakfast.

Another decent bet is the Moss Farm (Home Page_Moss Farm_Cheadle Lane_Lower Peover_Knutsford_Cheshire_WA16 9SW) or if you are really stuck pm me and I can pass on a number of another place that was recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Stag Cozier View Post
              Well if those mancs really had a sense of humour they would have added an R LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by mr_woo View Post
                I worked there for a year. Manchester is too far to commute. I B&B'd first week, then rented a room in Knutsford. If you don't fancy Knutsford try Maccllesfield, or possibly Altringham.
                Maybe Wilmslow will let you stay over. You just have to roomshare with his gf's hound.
                Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post

Well if those mancs really had a sense of humour they would have added an R LOL!
                  RCanal Street?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X