• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A very sad day.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Got in the car, reversed back over it, feeling a sickening crunch as I did so.

Got out, had a look, and it was still alive.

Back in the car, drive forward again, bumpity bump, and check again.

Still alive.

Back in car, reverse back, then forward, then back then forward again.

Checked the ameoba-like mess and decided job was a good u'n, and drove home.

Was a bit low for a day or so, understandibly.
    Good practice for when you run over a politician. Though you won't feel low on that occasion.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

When I was a boy, I remember my father coming home late from work, because he had hit a badger.

He was on a motorbike at the time. I've no idea what happened to the badger (dad said it had scuttled off) but his bike was a right state, and he was a bit bashed up himself.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Know of a chap who arrived 2 minutes after a horrific RTA involving a young girly-girl (18 yo, first car a Fiat Punto, decked in girl racer pink fluffy sttering wheel, etc).

As he came around a bend in a wooded area in Suffolk, he had to slew to a halt pretty quickly, as a car was parked just around the bend, with hazards flashing and the driver walking back to the bend to warn oncoming traffic.

The driver asked him for assistance and said that there had been an accident.

Friend parked car on the verge with hazards on, walked round the corner, and witnessed a scene of apoocryphal carnage.

The Punto was totalled, from the front.

No other vehicle was in sight, which was really odd.

The trees either side looked undamaged.

Standing in the road, in a daze, was the girl, completely hysterical and completely covered, and I do mean drenched, in blood.

As my mate struggled to understand what had happened in this surreal scene, he saw the legs and body of a large buck, sticking out of the windscreen.

He then noticed the WWF stickers on the side windows of the Punto.

Tragic, and wonder if the girl ever got over that.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          1.Cats are vermin.
          2.There was an Ad for some cat food that used to say "Cats instinctively know what's good for them" - clearly not true given the number that get mangled.
          One hotel I stayed in had some semi-wild cats in the outbuildings. They would climb into the nice warm engine compartments of a guest's car for a kip and occasionally get mangled when the car was started. This was in the days of mechanical fans; it's probably a relatively rare occurrence nowadays.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Aunt & Uncle of a chap I worked with were totalled by a horse that jumped out of a field.

The horse was totalled too.
            A neighbour's horse got out onto the road and a motorist hit it. Car a wreck, horse badly shaken and needed a huge flap of skin stitching back into place.

Car driver furious, and tried to claim off horse insurance. Promptly told to look at what the Highway Code had to say about horses having priority. It was after all a country area with adequate road signs to that effect (beware cattle, beware sheep).

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              A woman was killed on the A465 in Merthyr after her car hit a badger.

They're really 'ard up in Merthyr.
              One woman overturned her car by trying to swat a wasp when doing 70 on a motorway.

Comment

Working...
              X