• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World Cup 2010: HMV withdraws 'racist' anti-England posters from Scottish stores

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    On t'radio when they talk about the football and get a barrage of "this is supposed to be British not English radio", it always sounds like only the Scots are complaining, the Welsh and Irish don't seem to care.
    Just you wait till the Welsh and Irish get radios though.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Want some ketchup to go with that chip?
      Trust me, with my mates that's all they did for four years.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
        Trust me, with my mates that's all they did for four years.
        I only quoteed the first line, but I was responding to the whole post. Re-read it, there seems a lot of between-the-lines biterness and anger there.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Could you imagine the throttling Scotland would have given England in that game if the Celtic players were not "Injured".
          Oh for feck sake, here comes the paranoia. For someone who states he has no interest in his ancestry you sure cling onto the prejudice.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Just you wait till the Welsh and Irish get radios though.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I only quoteed the first line, but I was responding to the whole post. Re-read it, there seems a lot of between-the-lines biterness and anger there.
              Absolutely not, I'm sure those who made the choice to go onto Uni after school got what they wanted out of it. I had no interest in it then; my last two years at school were wasted as I discovered drink and women.

I am actually doing my LL.B through the OU at the moment, but purely through self interest in Law. I have no ill feeling towards University education, but to hold up a degree as some shining example of superior intellect as Minestrone did (and does constantly with Churchill) is a complete fallacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                Right then, because that little piece of paper you get for four years of being on the piss and popping countless drugs really demonstrates how successful you've been in life.

I left school with three highers with grades good enough to get me into a mediocre Uni if I really fancied another four years of 'education.' Instead I joined the Royal Navy and on my 21st birthday was partying on a beach in Indonesia. I have been round the world (twice), whilst being paid for it and now when comparing myself with those of my compatriots who did go onto Uni, I can quite happily say that not one of them has earned more than me in the last five years. Infact I would say 90% of them have not taken home 50% of what I take home.

So, you can take that rolled up diploma of yours and bask in the little letters it allows you to stick behind your name, I'll happily take the bank balance. Because basically what I'm getting at is the fact I know I currently do earn more than you and I will continue to earn more than you, but hey at least you've got those little letters to keep you warm.
                I was giving consideration to going for another degree recently, law maybe, it will sit nicely next to my Engineering, Maths and CS degrees. What do you think?

Comment

I was giving consideration to going for another degree recently, law maybe, it will sit nicely next to my Engineering, Maths and CS degrees. What do you think?
                  It's your money, you can spend it however you choose.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You can do what you want, your degree (s) mean nothing to me as do you. I still earn more than you; maybe you should concentrate on your career rather than collecting letters? What do you think?

Comment

Churchill and Incognito just might end the day having more degrees than me.

Comment

Working...
                      X