• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currently reading ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Just starting out on "The Fabric of the Cosmos" which has been on my shelf for years.
    That is great news. And does it have enough pictures for you?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

did not know this thread exists. I just finished reading Shutter Island a great read.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        That is great news. And does it have enough pictures for you?

Actually one of my gripes having looked through it, is that the sort of small greyscale diagrams in it are terrible.
        A good picture does paint a thousand words for this subject
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just finished The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath, and now starting The Case of Charles Dexter Ward. Both HP Lovecraft.

Concurrently with Nemesis by Isaac Asimov.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
            did not know this thread exists. I just finished reading Shutter Island a great read.
            Saw the film, haven't read the book.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ticket to Ride by Tom Chesshyre at the moment. Easy bedtime stuff. Also reading Even Silence has an End by Ingrid Betancourt.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Now, that's Quality

Timmy doesn't know which side he is on
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Curious that he seems to revel in the number of scrotes he'd killed.

You don't find that so much in other books.
                    I think he is a 'My Country right or wrong type' it does seem to be a failing with ex snipers. I suppose if you kill people for patriotism it is difficult to rationalise.

on the Harry Sidebottom Warrior of Rome series quite interesting. The guy seems to know his stuff one would rather hope so teaching history at Oxford.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I am currently reading a book by one of my favourite travel writers, Tim Moore

It's called The Cyclist Who Went Out in the Cold & in it he traces the route of the old Iron Curtain from the Arctic Circle to the Black Sea.

Fittingly, he has chosen for his steed a vintage MIFA 900; a fold up bike from the heyday of the GDR.

It really is a very funny book and as a Moulton rider I feel every mile that he recounts.

Recommended.

Comment

Working...
                      X