• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currently reading ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished reading "Kennedy: The Classic Biography" by Ted Sorensen.
    Quite an interesting read but an awful lot of detail. Still, it was a period in time that I was a little sketchy about, so worth ploughing through for that.
    Probably not the best choice following on from reading "Long Road to Freedom", Mandela's Biography which was also quite heavy going.
    Ah well......started Steinbeck's "Bombs Away" last night, and that seems to be a bit lighter.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Just finished reading "Kennedy: The Classic Biography" by Ted Sorensen.
      Quite an interesting read but an awful lot of detail. Still, it was a period in time that I was a little sketchy about, so worth ploughing through for that.
      For fiction about that era of history I recommend James Ellroy's "The Cold 6000" trilogy. Superb.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

alexandre dumas - the three musketeers

Comment

The Steve Jobs biography. What a ****.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            For fiction about that era of history I recommend James Ellroy's "The Cold 6000" trilogy. Superb.
            I'll second the recommendation of Ellroy with the Black Dahlia being my favourite.

Comment

Just finished The Autobiography of Malcolm X. Great book.
              You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Scrum In Action.

Think it's about Rugby. Or something.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Speaker for the Dead. And Pride & Prejudice.

Do the rest of you read one book at a time or several lying around the place? I used to have up to 5 books on the go when I was younger and read a lot... one in the car, and pick up whichever is closest depending what room I was in.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The dinner- Herman Koch

Not sure about it.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Do the rest of you read one book at a time or several lying around the place?
                      I have several on the go. There are a couple I've been reading for years.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X