• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People behind me calling themselves ‘The A Team’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Come on people, what we do is the wimpiest, softest, safest and most comfortable job on earth. We sit behind a computer telling it to do stuff we can’t be bothered to do for ourselves. It involves no physical effort, pain, risk or courage whatsoever.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Oooh, fascinating, I’ve just been to a 'scrum' with a bunch of little fat people and heard all about the next ‘sprint’ from someone who can’t even walk fast.

FFS, a ‘sprint’ involves an almost superhuman effort. Usain Bolt puts about 1500 watts to the ground when he runs the 100m. Yes, he makes it look as easy as walking from his desk to the bog, but no, it isn’t that easy.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Actually I'd like to take umbrage at your pain point. I for one regularly get a stiff neck from using the computer.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Actually I'd like to take umbrage at your pain point. I for one regularly get a stiff neck from using the computer.
          Neck?

Comment

Oooh, fascinating, I’ve just been to a 'scrum' with a bunch of little fat people and heard all about the next ‘sprint’ from someone who can’t even walk fast.

FFS, a ‘sprint’ involves an almost superhuman effort. Usain Bolt puts about 1500 watts to the ground when he runs the 100m. Yes, he makes it look as easy as walking from his desk to the bog, but no, it isn’t that easy.
            I averaged 360.5 W for my 1 hour commute home, and peaked at 546.6 W (average over a 30 s burst)

IMHO not bad for an old guy.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              I averaged 360.5 W for my 1 hour commute home, and peaked at 546.6 W (average over a 30 s burst)

Not bad at all. But remember, the knackeredness increases exponentially with the wattage produced. To put this in scientific terms, a fairly fit person who averages 360 watts for one hour, peaking at 550 watts will experience a mild form of post exercise ‘could-do-with-a-pint’ syndrome. A good sportsman who produces 550 watts for half an hour will experience moderate ‘I have earned the right to eat a meat pie’. An athlete who produces 1000 watts for more than about 30 seconds will feel his legs burning up, his heart smashing against the inside of his chest like machine gun bullets and his lungs about to explode; in short ‘effing hell, why do I put myself through this’.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

You should get the bus old man. Less chance of an aneurysm.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Nobody ever names their software "Bag of old toss". Funny old thing, gives plenty of scope for morons (oxy or otherwise)
                  I quite often call bits of software BOS when handing them over. People then think that they're getting something good but it really means 'Bag Of tulip.' It does take some time thinking up a suitable range of words to fit the TLA but the best one was when I did a huge COBOL project and was getting pissed off with it and due to many components being reusable I called it POO - 'Psuedo Object Orientated.'
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You're not working near the Rijksmuseum are you? Team scrum-midget can't have replicated and moved elsewhere in the Amsterdam area....
                    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Not our fault you don't understand the terminology or choose not to. I think it's stupid that Rugby teams have a Hooker (not to mention grown men playing a game that consists of running into each other and then people lie on top of you), but that just means we're equally ignorant about the others' field.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X